Diesel vs Top tier Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have driven driven diesel car's for years and usually run Walmart diesel (very high turnover) and never had any issues. I was wondering if Top Tier have additional lubricity and detergents? Like to hear opinions from someone who has more knowledge.

Unless you know the cetane numbers station to station, there is probably little difference. Hopefully the lubricity additive has been added to all the on road diesel at the refinery. Detergents, fungicides, water mitigation chemicals are another story. There actually may be a difference but having a sticker on a pump without independent random testing is meaningless. Probably best just to use an aftermarket product like Power Service/Stanadyne/Howes, etc for cheap insurance.

Unless you know the cetane numbers station to station, there is probably little difference. Hopefully the lubricity additive has been added to all the on road diesel at the refinery. Detergents, fungicides, water mitigation chemicals are another story. There actually may be a difference but having a sticker on a pump without independent random testing is meaningless. Probably best just to use an aftermarket product like Power Service/Stanadyne/Howes, etc for cheap insurance.
Thanks, I do use Kreen a detergent, about 2 oz per 21 gallon tank, but not religiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back