Diesel Oil in Gasoline - Honda?

Have all these Honda in the signature and have some Mobil Delvac HDEO 15W-40 and Shell T6 Rotella 5W-40 laying around.

Can I use it after making a brew with regular 0W20 or 5W20? Or should I just keep diesel oils for motorcycles and OPE!

Thank you :D

Have all these Honda in the signature and have some Mobil Delvac HDEO 15W-40 and Shell T6 Rotella 5W-40 laying around.

Can I use it after making a brew with regular 0W20 or 5W20? Or should I just keep diesel oils for motorcycles and OPE!

Do your cars consume oil? Your R18 in the Civic and J35 in the Pilot won't care, but K24 in the TSX has shown over the years of UOAs and owner feedback to favor the 40 grade, from piston rings to timing chains.

You have nothing to gain and risk damage to the cats.
Gains: savings from not having to buy additional oil, increased MOFT, usually decreased oil consumption and slower wearing timing chain components, etc...
As far as catalytic converter damage: if engines don't burn oil, then how does diesel oil get to the cats to kill them? And if engines do burn oil, then how does Honda recommended oil not cause said damage as compared to HDEO?

IIRC it was mentioned somewhere that diesel oils in part contain a different type of ZDDP which is not advantageous for use in gasoline powered vehicles.

Last edited:
Back