Diesel oil 10w-30 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if is the correct place to post this question but here goes anyway.I own a dodge cummins diesel and a kubota diesel ZTR and a kubota RTV 900,my kubota RTV calls for 10w-30 oil,I currently use schaffers 9000 5w-40 syn.in my dodge cummins diesel can I use this in my kubota also?I would like to use the factory recommended 10w-30 weight oil but it is hard to find.Who makes the 10w-30 oils that are diesel only compatable.Thanks.coobie
smile.gif

You can most likely use the 15w-40.

As far as finding 10w-30 Diesel oil...There is a Chevron Delo 400 version and a Shell Rotella-T version, as well as other brands. If you can't find it on a store shelf, the respective local distributor can usually get it for you.

Hammer

I would rather run Delo 10W30 myself. I have had great results with it- but Cummins recommends 15W40 so that is what I use.
thumbsup.gif

Shouldn't be real hard to find-the Ford 6.0 diesel requires it for temps below 32* F.-I am going to run that Shaeffer's 9000 in my Mercedes if I can get a good deal on it, the Mobil Delvac 1/TDT 5W40 is getting too expensive at $6.50/qt.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back