Dielectric Grease Alternative

Here is my arctic ceramique thermal paste on my tsp coil pack. Not sure if it helps or hurts, just have a ton of the stuff and trying to use some of it before I die

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_220500.jpg
    IMG_20210107_220500.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 62

This is the grease I use for brake sliders, plastic parts and as dielectric grease. It's typically an apply and forget grease, won't have to touch that component again.

I been using regular grease or vaseline on all my electrical connections and in bulb sockets for 50 years with no problems of any kind. Still have every vehical that I have bought over the years and all run to this day without any electrical problems.

I been using regular grease or vaseline on all my electrical connections and in bulb sockets for 50 years with no problems of any kind. Still have every vehical that I have bought over the years and all run to this day without any electrical problems.
This includes boats, motorcycles, lawn tractors, feild tractors, combines, seafood etc, etc.

This is what I use. It does not break down and seals really well:

This is what I use. It does not break down and seals really well:

I'm sure it's a good product for the intended purpose but that is not a dielectric grease and should not be used as one.

I'm sure it's a good product for the intended purpose but that is not a dielectric grease and should not be used as one.
The OP was looking for an alternative to dielectric grease. OX-Gard is a solid choice and works as intended. The issue with dielectric grease is it needs to be reapplied over time. OX-Gard can not only be used as dielectric grease, it protects, seals and make better electrical contact.

OX-Gard conducts electricity so on multi pin connections you have to use it sparingly to avoid shorting out connectors. If you are a sloppy user of this product then dielectric grease is your best choice as it does not conduct electricity.

After cleaning conductive surfaces with Caig DeOxit D5 or D100, i use deOxit shield S5 only on the conductive surfaces. Then seat connector. Then try and smear dielectric grease into the closed connector amd where wires enter.

Shield S5 will cause swelling of some of the ribbed rubber boots over time, making them difficult to reseat, at a later date.

The OP was looking for an alternative to dielectric grease. OX-Gard is a solid choice and works as intended. The issue with dielectric grease is it needs to be reapplied over time. OX-Gard can not only be used as dielectric grease, it protects, seals and make better electrical contact.

OX-Gard conducts electricity so on multi pin connections you have to use it sparingly to avoid shorting out connectors. If you are a sloppy user of this product then dielectric grease is your best choice as it does not conduct electricity.
The product you linked is not an appropriate alternative to dielectric grease. Yes I’m sure it works as intended but it is not a dielectric grease nor should it be used as one.

My understanding about dielectric lube(silicone lube) is that it is not that it has anything in it to help with better electrical contact. It's just the opposite, It doesn't have anything in it to prevent good contact, is a great lube and also a very good moisture barrier.

Silicone pastes/lubes(e.g. brake lube) are similar however, they may have ingredients/chemicals in them that could prevent that wanted better electrical contact. And silicone product won't deteriorate rubbers & plastics.

Petroleum product or anti-seize products aren't the optimal products for these components however, I know tons of folks who do indeed use use them for things such as battery posts, brake sliders, electrical contacts etc.

There are a few electrically conductive greases, for things like battery terminals. Can’t use them on pinned connectors, bulbs, and other things like that, because there is a chance for the grease to be a conductive path. im not sure thst all of those conductive greases are silicone based.

Dielectric greases and non-conductive greases rely upon the very small actual contact points for conduction.

OX-Gard conducts electricity
so on multi pin connections you have to use it sparingly to avoid shorting out connectors. If you are a sloppy user of this product then dielectric grease is your best choice as it does not conduct electricity.
By the very definition of the word you've shown that OX-Gard is not a dielectric grease. The two terms are mutually exclusive.

I am struggling to remember the brand of electrical anti seize anti corrosion grease we used on copper to copper bus work and copper to steel grounding. It looks just like copper anti-seize and its probably the same thing it even says you can use it on nuts and bolts as anti-seize, I have a bottle of it out in the shop and its as old as the hills....

I use it on battery terminals and ring terminals, just about anything I want to have a good conductive surface but protection against corrosion.
Copper Anti-Seize is probably just fine in it's place.

I am struggling to remember the brand of electrical anti seize anti corrosion grease we used on copper to copper bus work and copper to steel grounding. It looks just like copper anti-seize and its probably the same thing it even says you can use it on nuts and bolts as anti-seize, I have a bottle of it out in the shop and its as old as the hills....

I use it on battery terminals and ring terminals, just about anything I want to have a good conductive surface but protection against corrosion.
Copper Anti-Seize is probably just fine in it's place.

I've used copper anti-seize to improve electric conductivity in corrosive environments. It helps a lot.

I've been using copper anti corrosion paste. The stuff will not wear off. Don't have any rubber swell issues. But the stuff will still be there in a year unlike the silicone.

Back