DI and Low SAPS

I have a 2019 Buick with the 2l DI Turbo motor. I would like to run a low Saps oil because of the possible intake valve problem. Currently I am using Mobile 1 5-30 ESP. I would like to use a Dexos 1 oil. ANY suggestions.

Just run a spray can of IVD yearly, or twice a year if you drive plenty, and don't worry about it

Shorten your oil change interval and use a full synthetic oil filter

Stick with top tier fuel and since its a turbo, I only recommend premium top tier fuel

Any of the Mobil1 synthetic 5w30's would work fine... I'd just stick with the Mobil 1 ESP 5w30

Just run a spray can of IVD yearly, or twice a year if you drive plenty, and don't worry about it

Shorten your oil change interval and use a full synthetic oil filter

Stick with top tier fuel and since its a turbo, I only recommend premium top tier fuel

Any of the Mobil1 synthetic 5w30's would work fine... I'd just stick with the Mobil 1 ESP 5w30
Does not meet warranty.

regards of your efforts you may or not get carbon issues BUT the longer you own it carbon becomes more likely! just like some engines are built better others NOT!! i am fool proof NO DI or CVT's!!! good luck

Castrol Edge Extended Performance 0w20 meets ACEA C5 and Mercedes 229.71 AND is Dexos 1. Thats what I just started running on my 2020 Equinox with 1.5 LT DI. This was its first oil change. I dont know about their 30 wt, but worth looking up.

Last edited:
Back