Dextero DTR1 tires at Walmart ?

The Dextero tires seem to be the in stock budget brand at my local Walmart store. Some of the reviews
are iffy . Are these OK ? - Thanks

FWIW- From what I have seen on the web, this is a Chinese (Giti Tire) company with a plant in
South Carolina.

Last edited:
Very useful tires, but probably not for a car

1659447272622.jpg
1659447321704.jpg

If looking for a W-M budget offering, why not go with the Douglas brand? Made in USA by Americans working for an American company. I've been using them on a few of my cars for over a decade without issue.

I am running a set of the DAT1 all terrains on my Blazer. You are correct, it is made by Giti (based in Singapore) at their South Carolina plant. I have about 5000 miles on them. They balanced with minimal weight and ride great. The pricing was unbelievably less than anything else I could buy.

I also run a set of made-in-USA Douglas on one of the Civics. Another great value tire.

I am running a set of the DAT1 all terrains on my Blazer. You are correct, it is made by Giti (based in Singapore) at their South Carolina plant. I have about 5000 miles on them. They balanced with minimal weight and ride great. The pricing was unbelievably less than anything else I could buy.

I also run a set of made-in-USA Douglas on one of the Civics. Another great value tire.
A review from someone who actually has them. The OP should compare this review to "Capt W" post above. My take-the good thing about buying tires from Walmart (note when Walmart is the actual vendor-and not a third party) is that their are Walmarts all over the country, in small towns, etc., and flat and warranty repair can be preformed.

The dextero dtr1 is the heaviest "budget" tire I've mounted personally. Stiff sidewalls, see often they last longer than the 45,000 Mile tread wear warranty. As far as ride, I can't speak for that. All of ours come from the plant in South Carolina.

The Dextero tires seem to be the in stock budget brand at my local Walmart store. Some of the reviews
are iffy . Are these OK ? - Thanks

FWIW- From what I have seen on the web, this is a Chinese (Giti Tire) company with a plant in
South Carolina.
Sorry, I meant Indonesian company.

The dextero dtr1 is the heaviest "budget" tire I've mounted personally. Stiff sidewalls, see often they last longer than the 45,000 Mile tread wear warranty. As far as ride, I can't speak for that. All of ours come from the plant in South Carolina.
Any complaints where you had to change them out (refund etc) ?

Sorry, I meant Indonesian company.
And Toyota is a company that is HQ in Japan and employs Americans. Just like the South Carolina tire plant for GITI.

These arguments about where a company is located when they manufacture in America is becoming nonsensical.

BTW-
Dextero Tires is a subsidiary of a Singaporean brand-named Giti. The Giti holds 10th rank in the world’s top tire business, supplying its products in more than 130 countries globally. They also have 8-plants operating worldwide.

NOT A SMALL FLY BY NIGHT COMPANY.

Last edited:
No, we had to pro-rate alot of Douglas tires for not making the 45,000 miles. I do have first hand experience with many sets of those, ride well in rain and dry just don't last.

Mostly just not reaching the mileage (as stated by TeeCee). Most complaints of rough noise or vibration is usually caused by bad balancing from techs - redo the balancing and most people are satisfied. Honestly, I probably could warranty more tires but most people never mention it. They're just happy with the value and don't mind buying the Douglas tires again.

As far as comparing Douglas tires to other brands, the All-Season variants have very soft sidewalls. Grip is mediocre at best, but most people are not putting them on sports cars. They'll be just fine doing their A-to-B commutes. The Douglas Performance is stupid and pointless - there is more dry grip than the All-Seasons, but they have extra road noise.

220k. The kid can break an anvil with a rubber mallet, but in this case.... the front end was fresh and the tire wear was even. Wasn't impressed with the tire.
OK-appreciate the reply. One of the most common situations is owners putting less expensive tires are a vehicle with totally worn out suspension (and not mentioning that little fact) and posting how lousy the tires are on here. Not your case however.

Back