Dexos1 Gen 3 Tests Available Sept. 1

dexos is dexos ... and gen is gen.

It's kind of like the Ford Coyote engine. It's changes over the years is known as Gen1, Gen2 and Gen3. Not Coyote 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.

Six of one, half dozen of the other. :)

I guess I'd like to see something easier such as dexos 1.1 or 1.3 similar to hdmi cables etc.
its very easy to see dexos 1 gen 2 and call it dexos 2.. not by us.. but the general public.

I think technically it was supposed to be "Dexos 1 - 2016" but Gen 2 took on a life if it's own.

That is the question isn't it.
Can standards that require lower NOACK and TEOST nunbers, reduced timing chain wear and reduced LSPI incidents really be relevant in the real world? Guess we will find out.

So far the standards appear to have improved quality overall. Of course the past is no guarantee of the future.

Appear well they should already have the proof. Yep we should see the engine life of cars leaping astronomically. Just think SN, Then SN+, Then SN +D1G3 maybe SN+D1G3 +Whoopie X2 by the end of the year.

Appear well they should already have the proof. Yep we should see the engine life of cars leaping astronomically. Just think SN, Then SN+, Then SN +D1G3 maybe SN+D1G3 +Whoopie X2 by the end of the year.

Your free to believe whatever you want. I will continue to feel today's GII/GIII blends are better than the GI of yesteryear.

As to lifespan the average age of a light duty truck is up over 100% in 50 years. Most of that is technology but some of that technology is in engine oils.

Your free to believe whatever you want. I will continue to feel today's GII/GIII blends are better than the GI of yesteryear.

As to lifespan the average age of a light duty truck is up over 100% in 50 years. Most of that is technology but some of that technology is in engine oils.

But with out D1G3 it must be 500% more now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 11
But with out D1G3 it must be 500% more now!

Better? I believe it is. Who is going to argue lower NOACK & TEOST scores are better?

Is it enough to matter? I don't know. Given variables it's hard to say whether a Turbo would have lasted longer on D1G3 than on the SP GF6-A. I do know this, if the standards don't increase it's unlikely the average oil will improve. Many here like to point out they are built to the standard and no more.

Back