DeOxit Worked, Again.

I have a Sofirn flashlight with a on/off switch which was very annoying to operate, it would only work about 25% of the time. The switch had to be pressed about four times for it to operate once.

After my recent success with DeOxit and my scope, I thought, let me try DeOxit on the flashlight. I really was not expecting it to work - the switch feels like a membrane switch which would mean the membrane shields the contacts and would make it unlikely that the DeOxit would make it on to the contacts. Also with the flashlight being watertight (o-rings at every threaded joint) I figured there would be some kind of seal at the switch, preventing any liquid from entering. I could not disassemble the switch, so all I could do was apply DeOxit on the outside of the switch (which meant applying DeOxit to the outside of the flashlight) and leave it be, for it to migrate inside the switch.

Much to my surprise, it worked. The switch started working well in about ten minutes and I left the flashlight undisturbed overnight. Nice to have a well functioning switch.
BTW my scope is still working well 000_0258.JPG

Back