Delvac 1300 vs. Delvac 1: Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard some say the natural 1300 is better. I've heard others say the synethic 1 is better. Why do you say?

Please include explanations of why you think one is better than the other.

Troy (this should be interesting)

For what purpose and in what application. Delvac 1 has an ecellent reputation for long grain intervals that the Delvac 1300 can not match. Delvac 1 has much lower pumping and flow temps. then 1300. I use 1300 in my Lasaber because it leaks and it does not make sense to put synthetic in it. Many consider Delvac 1 to be supior to M1. Delvac 1 is synthetic and Delvac 1300 is conventional oil. Both are formulated for diesel use with an automotive rateing. Delvac 1 is the better of the two but cost's alot and is not cost effective is your engine leaks or burns oil! IMHO

We "hear" many things in life-much of it untrue.
frown.gif
. Delvac 1 rules .

quote:

Both say "The 1 million mile oil" so apparently Mobil considers both Delvac 1300 and Delvac 1 to be superior oils.

Mobil also says to change Mobil Drive Clean and Mobil 1 at the manufacture's specified intervals. Does this mean Mobil thinks they are both oils are "just as good?"
gr_stretch.gif

quote:

Originally posted by turbochem:

quote:

Both say "The 1 million mile oil" so apparently Mobil considers both Delvac 1300 and Delvac 1 to be superior oils.

Mobil also says to change Mobil Drive Clean and Mobil 1 at the manufacture's specified intervals. Does this mean Mobil thinks they are both oils are "just as good?"
gr_stretch.gif

Or it means that ExxonMobil Corp. isn't going to stick their legal neck out recommending long oil drain intervals.

Ken

Define better,syns may offer better gas mileage I have never noticed any ,others have ,cleaner engines usually ,better in the cold ,yes, better in extreme heat ,yes,longer engine life ,don't know, extreme cold or heat is where syn,oil will be an atvantage no doubt . longer drains some people say yes others no, probably yes .I look at the trucking industry there may be some stiring in syn oil use, differentials trans are starting to use syn oil . I can't say about engine oil yet. Cost effective is the key,how do you use your vehicle should help you determine which will work best for your application petro oils are much better than they used to be .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back