Delo Synthetic XDM 75w-90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped by Auto Zone looking for some stuff to work on my truck, and found this stuff on the shelf for $5.99/qt. Says it is a full synthetic, meant for extended drains (500k miles on trucks). The price is pretty cheap for a full syn, and it seems Chevron makes some decent stuff in the lower prices--probably partly due to name recognition against the majors.

Thoughts on this product? Here is the TDS (PDF):
Chevron TDS

Quote:
Delo Syn-Gear XDM lubricants are recommended as
rear axle and differential lubricants in over-the-road
and off-road vehicles when operating under severe
conditions and in extremely cold or hot environments.
Delo Syn-Gear XDM lubricants meet and exceed the
requirements of API Service Categories GHL-4, GL-5
and MT-1. In addition, they are approved for:

Dana
SHAES 256 REV C (SAE 75W-90 only)

Meritor
O-76 Extended Drain

SAE
J2360 (formerly MIL-PRF-2105E)

STEMCO
PPS+ and PPS wheel end systems (SAE
75W-90 only)

I went to Auto Zone today too return a clutch kit, saw the same lube and bought a quart to change the oil in my MX-5 differential. Other Chevron Delo stuff has proven to be excellent so I have zero hesitations.

Excellent price for single quart packaging. J2360 is all you need to know for everything GL-5 except for the old posi-tracks.
I'm shopping for a 5 gallon pail of 80W140 for Eaton G80s and other applications that don't require a big dose of LS additive.
The Chevron 80W140 "Delo stuff" appears to be good down to about -32C. It would be nice to know the channel point.

I have used this delo syn 75w90 in many differentials, zero issues. I have it in my escalade's front and rear diff right now. Highly recommended

Thanks, looks like I'm good to go. At these prices, might consider changing my 4Runner over next time it is due. I've been using Valvoline synthetic, but mostly because that's about what's available (or Mobil 1). Thought about grabbing the Mobil 1 on the Amazon sale, but this is still cheaper.

I used to use Chevron for motor and gear oil in my Tacoma, never seemed to have any issues. Had to buy the gear oil from a distributor... maybe I can find this stuff even cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back