Delo or Delvac in AutoRX rinse cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife has a 2000 Passat 2.8L V6 with 50,000k on it. It has had continuous problems: valve cover gaskets replaced twice, cats just replaced ($3800
shocked.gif
). Luckily all under warranty.

I had some Mobil Drive Clean 10-30 in there with 2000 miles or so on it when I added the Auto RX. We just did a couple 200 mile trips, and now have 900 miles on the AutoRX.

I will be leaving town for 3 weeks. I can change the oil now, or wait until I get back, in which case there'll be 1000-2000 more miles on the AutoRX. She will be doing some good driving while I'm gone. What would you guys recommend?

Because the car has been consuming oil for a while (1 quart per 3000), I am considering using Delvac or Delo 15/40 for the rinse. Is this a bad idea, should I stick with the simple Chevron Supreme 10/30 dino as recommended by AutoRX?

Thanks!

Nate

quote:

I am considering using Delvac or Delo 15/40 for the rinse.

I'm using Delo 400 15w-40 for my rinse. I'm pleased with the rusults.

Frank has said in the past that leaving A-Rx in longer won't effect anything but the time you have to wait for the final results. If the oil has the mileage left in it (depending on your OCI) ..let it go.

The wait is the hardest part about using it ("The suspence is killing me! I hope it lasts!" Gene Wilder in "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)

OK, I think I'll do the Delvac.

Is 900 miles enough on the AutoRX? The back of the bottle said 750, the website 1000.

Nate

OK fair enough. It sucks that the label on the bottle says 750 miles.

I'll wait to change until I get back, then put in the Delvac
cheers.gif
!

Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back