Delo Grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our farm has been using this stuff for about two years on swathers balers balewagons etc. We switched from the Black Pearl and this stuff seems to hold up better and last longer. Just wondering if this is best grease in the price range?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone will agree on the best grease. Everyone (here) has a favorite grease. I would say if it is working well for you stick with it.

Its the same stuff we use on our farm .It's a decent all around grease if you only want one type of grease to keep it simple. Its okay for plain bearings. It works really good in u joints and roller bearings though. For high speed and very high heat, a full synthetic grease would be better. It does tend to squeeze out after a little use in our tractor and skid steer front end loaders . That new amsoil grease would be a good choice for heavily loaded loader work.

Last edited:
The Delo blue formulation grease works quite well for the cost. The gold colored full synthetic is pretty stout too. The washout and low temperature function of the Delo formulations, from a practical perspective, have proven quite well in mixed fleet use. I'm not a huge "tacky" grease guy because working with it can sometimes be a PIA, but I can tell you that I've seen a lot of trucks go well over 500,000 on the blue Delo via a 13k mile grease schedule. It's approved in my book.

Delo blue EP #2 LC is an excellent grease. It is heavy duty, suitable for ag & over-the road commercial, as well as automotive applications. As has been stated, it is excellent for universal joints and wheel bearings. Unbeatable is too strong a word, as no grease is good for all applications...but for the above plus general chassis usage, one would be hard-pressed to beat it, except in extremely cold temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back