Delo 400, now with Moly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

[ November 20, 2004, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

Hard to beat for $6.42/gallon. Don't know why more people 'round here don't run this excellent oil. Hopefully more will, and provide some UOAs for us to digest.

Thanks for sharing. Do you know the date code on this? I am running it in my BMW now because of the change but I am pretty sure I don't have the new stuff. The newest AZ had was dated 5/xx/2003. Should have went to WM, they probably had newer stock.

THAT is excellent news.

Now changing my blending plans. Will go with 50/50 mix of Amsoil and Delo 15W-40!! That will orphan some qts of Pennzoil 15W-40. I should be ready for analysis on the Pennz/Amsoil in about 1000 miles, btw.

Sure as **** isn't good for motorcycles with all that moly
mad.gif
Guess I definitley wont be putting that in my bikes again
mad.gif

Wow! This oil has a nice dose of moly and boron. Can you say friction modified. This would be a good choice for cars as well. I love synthetic oils however, they are not the only options available for long drain OCIs.

how come moly isnt good for motorcycles? new info to me, i dont know much about bikes though.

I say this is great...wonder whne it will hit Aus.

Does it still have the Allsion C-4 spec ?

Too bad the 10w-30 version of this oil wasn't more easily available at places like Walmart, Advance Auto, etc.

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
Too bad the 10w-30 version of this oil wasn't more easily available at places like Walmart, Advance Auto, etc.

Some auto parts places may be able to order the 10w-30 for you. I have found out the hard way that you have to ask them if they can order things for you they will not tell you unless you specifically ask them.

SXG6,

Moly is bad for motorcycles because not only does it lubricate the engine but the clutch as well; referred to as a "wet clutch" system. Moly apparently has a tendancy to cause wet clutch systems to slip. A little moly most likely will not affect a wet clutch but at 200 ppm that could cause some problems. I just put Delo 400 in my DR350 which I just sold 1 week ago
shocked.gif
I hope that doesn't cause the clutch to slip on the new owner.

I think it's labeled CI-4 plus. I've seen it mixed at Wal Mart. Some with the plus and some without it. My last sample had a gallon of the plus in it and the moly and boron showed up.

I think this is really good news. Looks like Delo400 is picking up where Pennzoil Long-Life left off.
grin.gif

I wonder what Jelly is thinkin' about now?
wink.gif

--- Bror Jace

I think you guys missed half of the story. This batch also has a good dose of boron. Previous batches had none!

Last_Z, with Chevron and (previously) Pennzoil, the two additives often go hand in hand ... but thanks for pointing that out.
smile.gif

--- Bror Jace

Even then, the sometimes clutch slippage is primarily in centrifugal clutches in scooters, not real motorcycles (SAE paper 961217)

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
Hey Motorcycle guys.

The moly in Delo is a soluble moly, or MoDTC.

It was the powdered moly (MoS2) that was causing clutch slippage.

Hey Motorcycle guys.

The moly in Delo is a soluble moly, or MoDTC.

It was the powdered moly (MoS2) that was causing clutch slippage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back