Del taco.

Del taco started in Yermo,Ca about 45 miles north of me. Not much in Yermo. A few run down houses, a market and Burger Den the site of the original Del Taco.

I assume it was there before I-15 and would have been a much busier road.

I was in the area so I stopped there for lunch. No inside seating, no traffic,75 degrees out.

Nice day to eat outside.

Attachments

• IMG_20221025_132305178.jpg
    IMG_20221025_132305178.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 122
Del taco started in Yermo,Ca about 45 miles north of me. Not much in Yermo. A few run down houses, a market and Burger Den the site of the original Del Taco.

I was in the area so I stopped there for lunch. No inside seating, no traffic,75 degrees out.

Nice day to eat outside.
Looks like it might've been a Dairy Queen at one time.

Wish we had one on the east coast. I love trying new places. We need them, White Castle and Jack in the Box and we will be set lol. How would you say this ranks against Taco Bell? They are hard to beat for tacos in my opinion.

Wish we had one on the east coast. I love trying new places. We need them, White Castle and Jack in the Box and we will be set lol. How would you say this ranks against Taco Bell? They are hard to beat for tacos in my opinion.
Taco bell is awful. Not that del taco is the best but it's decent. You should get out more lol

Nice day to eat outside.
Chris,

Thanks for posting the picture of the old Del Taco- neat to look at in comparison to the new Del Taco stores in the outlots of strip malls.

Monster tacos at Jack in the Box are pretty good, that was our stop after a hard night in town. :LOL:
1666746786898.jpg

Del Taco chicken soft tacos and some El Scorcho sauce are a delicious treat and the quality is at least a few steps above Taco Bell.

Del Taco is foul. Taco Bell FTW.

Although here in Phoenix I get legit Mexican food.
Yeah taco trucks changed Mexican food for me.

I've heard the typical US Mexican restaurant food referred to as "Sysco Mexican" as in the wholesale food supplier, and it's accurate since it's all the same (though good). And I still eat at those places just like I eat at Olive Garden, but when you try different trucks it's amazing. Everybody has their own sauces and own way of doing things. I frequent like five different taco trucks, and if they have that corn I will frequent it even more.

Jack in the Box is terrible.

Myself.....I like hole in the wall "Mom & Pop" places. We have a Taco Stand down the street that's 10X better than ANY fast food chain! I get some Al Pastor & Barbacoa tacos along with a Michelada with Shrimp & Mexican Jerky!!

Back