Defense oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped at a A+A auto parts store and saw oil filters marked Defense. I looked on the can for any information and on the bottom of the can i saw a web site marked www.fram.com. This is the first time i seen a can marked as such. I did'nt want too act too bizzare by dragging oil filters around and comparing them so i really can't comment on side by side comparasion. Thought i just pass this on to everyone. I live about 30 miles east of Harrisburg,Pa for those wondering where i'm located at.

I was in a parts store on Friday and spotted one of those Defense filters. When I saw the Honeywell name on it, I quickly put the box down, and washed my hands to get the cooties off.
smile.gif

Lol looks like fram is trying to get people to by there filters by changing the name
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by eldawg4100:
oh yea lol i have seen them at only one store...
they looked SO "ghetto"

The parts store I saw them in looked ghetto too! It was a huge store with a very small amount of stock, and the guy didn't even have any heat in there, it was easily only about 50-60 degrees, tops. It looked like he was going out of business if you ask me. And the name of his store was simply AUTO PARTS. How original!
smile.gif

[ February 09, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

These are the same filters that Honeywell/Fram sold to Wal-Mart years ago to use at there Tire and Lube Expresses. Basically a Fram with a white can.

Forgot to add that much like Champion Labs has its "Champ" brand house filter for jobbers/garages, the Defense line was/is sold by Honeywell as its jobber/economy brand.

[ February 11, 2003, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: liquidballbearing ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back