Defender LTX MS on a Lexus sedan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomioka

$104 Site Donor 2024
I was surprised when they made a truck tire in a 225/55R17 size which is the OEM size for a 2004 Lexus LS430. Right now it's on its second pair of Toyo Versados while satisfied with the ride, noise and comfort, I am unsatisfied with the tire wear (compared to my truck.) I was considering another set of Grand Touring All-Seasons but I wonder how a set of Highway All seasons would far on this smooth nice riding Lexus.

Unfortunately there is no LT225/55R17 to rustle some jimmies here.

I've seen Pirelli Scorpions installed on Chargers and 300s. The Michelin Defender LTX is an improvement on the LTX M/S - and Toyota installed them OEM on the Land Cruiser/LX, Honda used them on non-LX Pilots, I'd bet Michelin made that size for the Subaru Forester and CUVs that use that size. You might feel a difference when it comes to handling and ride, it might not be as stoutly-made as an LT tire, but you could feel the ride "firming" up.

They also make a Premier LTX as well. I'm thinking it's an XL-rated version of the Premier A/S.

For that size I'd go with regular passenger rated Michelin Defenders or Continental PureContact if you want long life and good ride quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back