Debating switching phone carriers

I'm paying less than $22 month to month incl any tax/fee for unlimited talk/text + 1 GB data (which rolls over if unused) on Tracfone/Verizon. Maybe not the best option for me, but probably not the worst either. I don't use much data and currently have 6 GB available if needed.

I'm paying less than $22 month to month incl any tax/fee for unlimited talk/text + 1 GB data (which rolls over if unused) on Tracfone/Verizon. Maybe not the best option for me, but probably not the worst either. I don't use much data and currently have 6 GB available if needed.
I have Redpocket / Verizon which cost me $8.25 a month prepaid for a year. My plan is 1000 min of Talk + Unlimited Texts + 1 Gig data a month. I have a computer at home and Wifi at work so dont need much data. Much better than Tracfone.

One other thing I realized about Verizon prepaid: no carryover data. I could have sworn I've read somewhere that it was included, but apparently it isn't.

I have the ATT annual plan. $300 per year, 8gb data unlimited talk text with data rollover.

Works for me and I can buy any cheap att prepaid phone anytime i feel the urge for a new phone.

I pay about 120.00 per month Verizon for 2 lines. Unlimited: data, talk, msg. New every 2 years phones. The best part of being Verizon is the coverage.

Knock on wood I have never had to use my satellite tracker to call in SAR or Airlifts. The coverage here in the CA desert and mountains is the best. No other carrier has the coverage of Verizon based on where I go that it's needed.

In order to get the TMobile plan, its called the TMobile 55+ plan for seniors. $27.50 plus taxes and fees.
For anyone else TMobile cheapest is $30 plus taxes and fees. So you can assume $35.
Its all on the website

I have the ATT annual plan. $300 per year, 8gb data unlimited talk text with data rollover.

Works for me and I can buy any cheap att prepaid phone anytime i feel the urge for a new phone.

Called ATT yesterday and asked they remove the combined ATT Wireless and ATT Internet billing so that I can purchase a prepaid/annual service.

They could not answer the question -- how do I know when I can make the change to Prepaid and When are the phones "off the combined bill".
All they said was that is is some vague several billing cycles into the future (two or three).

Also, if I buy ATT annual/prepaid, is the switch to a new phone just "move microchip over to new phone" or does it require call into ATT tech support to register the new IMEI and allow features like Call Forwarding to work? Every time I upgraded our owned phones (never bought anything from ATT) the features on the new phone did not work until they had the new IMEI code(s).

Called ATT yesterday and asked they remove the combined ATT Wireless and ATT Internet billing so that I can purchase a prepaid/annual service.

They could not answer the question -- how do I know when I can make the change to Prepaid and When are the phones "off the combined bill".
All they said was that is is some vague several billing cycles into the future (two or three).

Also, if I buy ATT annual/prepaid, is the switch to a new phone just "move microchip over to new phone" or does it require call into ATT tech support to register the new IMEI and allow features like Call Forwarding to work? Every time I upgraded our owned phones (never bought anything from ATT) the features on the new phone did not work until they had the new IMEI code(s).
I started my order online, and when the SIM cards arrived in the mail it was all messed up.

I had to call support give them all the numbers for each device and each line.

Took about an hour on the phone to get it all together.

The annual prepaid plan is only offered online.

Tracfone also offers a plan that's $199 for one year of unlimited talk and text + 12GB. That's about the same as your deal, except that it works out to $16.59/month (plus any tax).

I use Xfinity wireless. It’s on Verizon towers. I get unlimited and the two kids have minimal service and it’s under $70 a month for three phones.

My wife gets a free iPhone on Verizon network through her work. We have been at a place with a LOT of people, like a football stadium, and my phone has NO connection to text or data, but the wife’s actual Verizon phone works fine. So I do believe that Verizon gives preference to actual Verizon customers over their MVNO customers that use straight talk or Xfinity wireless …

I use Xfinity wireless. It’s on Verizon towers. I get unlimited and the two kids have minimal service and it’s under $70 a month for three phones.

My wife gets a free iPhone on Verizon network through her work. We have been at a place with a LOT of people, like a football stadium, and my phone has NO connection to text or data, but the wife’s actual Verizon phone works fine. So I do believe that Verizon gives preference to actual Verizon customers over their MVNO customers that use straight talk or Xfinity wireless …
100% accurate about network priority. Not sure about Xfinity but visible which also using vz towers uses a network that relays over to a cloud of servers. Your messages and calls could be going through a cloud server anywhere. That's vz's tactic on cheap mvno cellular coverage now they're dominating TracFone and TracFone branded mvnos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220215-074314.jpg
    Screenshot_20220215-074314.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 5
Back