Dealing with a wack manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redhat, he's the manager on duty if the others aren't there. And if others are there, he wouldn't try his dictator routine on me.

A lot of good advice here. Don't burn bridges. Move on to something better. FINISH SCHOOOOOOOL.

JTK no, not really. But yeah, I'm just trying to save up some cash to have a stockpile while I'm in school. And I do like the respect I get from customers. At my other job, I'm a cook. It's hard trying to hit on female as they see me prepping food for a living. But this job, I can wear a nice watch without worrying about it getting ruined with food flying around. Females are more receptive.

Best Buy looks attractive. When I go in there and it slows, the workers chit chat and look happy.

Spasm3 has a good point. Psycho analyze people. Learn to work with their ticks. Tbh I don't think he even knows why he is this way.

Yeah, it really is a worker's market right now. With unemployment so low, it's hard to find people to fill low wage roles. Everywhere is looking for people. But in my case, I couldn't even get an interview from fast food joints. I made a thread about it a while ago. I don't wanna think that finding another job is a breeze, but yeah I need to start looking. I think I built a good amount of people skills while working here. I went from not dealing with people at all to dealing with random stranger after random stranger several hours a day.

Is this your first job? Waaay too much drama.

Here's the thing: In life you will encounter people you don't get along with. If they are your superior in a job setting, don't do anything that gives them a reason to complain, whether you think their position/ attitude is wrong or not. You'll either eventually win them over for doing a great job, or if the situation never is going to get better, you move on to bigger and better things.

My first real career I was expected by the management of several entities I worked for, to lie to customers to pad the bottom line. If I hadn't walked away in disgust and started my own business, I'd probably still be in that original career today.

The crooked management that wanted me to be dishonest, did me a huge favor.

See you are starting to see the larger picture. Let it go and preapur yourself for better Endeavour's. You have a lot of years infront of you. You have more potentional use it.

Originally Posted by BossMoss
Yeah, it really is a worker's market right now. With unemployment so low, it's hard to find people to fill low wage roles. Everywhere is looking for people.

I sometimes post jobs in the Off Topic forum. Job market is always looking for quality workers.

But yeah, finish school and get out of retail. I worked retail when I was 15 and the place had lots of jerks and people behaving very unprofessional.

Lots of the managers were childish and dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back