Dealership Mess Up?

Perhaps some recourse to reseal the pan, but that pretty much went out the window when you took it upon yourself to take it apart. To suggest that some bits of RTV broke off and damaged the engine is wildly speculative at best. You would get a low oil pressure reading on the gauge or light before any damage occurred.
I don’t believe that you do, 3 or 4 strings will not block the pickup screen, it is Really difficult to prove lasting damage.

Hi all. I'm hoping the experts on here can weigh in or point me in the right direction.

I brought my 2016 F-150 (2.7L) into the dealership a couple years ago for a leaking oil pan (TSB 19-2205). Well it started leaking again and it was out of warranty so I had to fix it myself. Okay, no big deal. I just finished dropping the pan and needless to say I'm shocked at how much RTV sealant they used. These models don't have gaskets and instead use the RTV, but the TSB itself says that, "using too much sealant may result in oil contamination and engine damage."

Do I have any recourse to ask the dealership to replace the engine? (I'm guessing I don't?) I'm concerned that their excessive RTV use is going to create engine problems for me down the line. Not to mention that the engine block has uneven gouges in it which I think will continue to create leaking issues for me down the line too. Hoping you guys can take a look at the video I took (link below) and let me know what you think I can do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

PS.
I have another video from my first oil change after their work on the oil pan where I found some creamy sludge in the oil. Not sure if that was related or not but here's a link to that as well if it helps.

Replace an engine they fixed a couple of years ago for an oil leak, which is now leaking oil again with no symptoms of engine damage, and out of warranty? Good luck with that. IMO you'll be wasting time, effort, and energy. I'd move on and forget about it.

IMO, probably nothing wrong with using "too much" RTV as long as you let it cure properly before adding whatever fluid back in (in your case engine oil), but I'm guessing that they didn't do that, because no paid mechanic would (they just want to get it out the door).

If you happen to have any RTV around that you aren't going to use up, you could try experimenting with it and some engine oil to see what happens.

Part of doing that job right is letting it sit on a lift for a day with the pan off so it can completely drain. Our techs hate doing them. At least the 6.7 upper oil pans pay well.

And here's the worst part:

If anyone attempts to offer any constructive feedback in the comments, he will rudely dismiss them and/or block them from his page.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Ford Boss Me to be overly abrasive for no reason.
I made the mistake of asking a question once, and it turned out that 1 other person asked the same question, several days before me, and was 100+ posts deep in the comments, so I didn't see it, and he bit my head off.

I apologized to him for wasting his time, and promised that he won't ever have to worry about me ever again.
Unfollowed him then and there, and never looked back.

Too many good mechanics on YouTube to waste my views on guys like him.

BC.

Back