dead mouse????

Status
Not open for further replies.
My screen arrow keeps jumping up to the top of the screen while trying to move it with the wireless mouse.

I changed the batteries, cleaned everything, reset the mouse, replugged/checked connections, checked mouse settings, etc..

Is there anything else to diagnose a bad wireless mouse (Logitech)?

Thanks (took me 20 minutes to post this...darn thing!)

Make sure the wirless adapter is in view with the mouse. I smashed about two mouses already before I realized what the problem was.

if it truly is broken...and u MUST have a cordless mouse then get a bluetooth one...much better signal.

I'm guessing it was once fine and now isn't... but if it's a new mouse, assuming it's optical, you could try moving it around on different surfaces. Some are too reflective and will make the cursor jump around since the sensor gets confused.

Interesting post, I got a wireless microsoft optical mouse as one of my birthday presents a week ago. I asked my wife not to long ago about what if the usb receiver not working, she said it was only "20 bucks" So she wasn't worried about it. I have tried every angle imagineable and I get good reception. I have a button on my receiver as a push button reset. My instructions only talk about that as a troubleshooting procedure. Do you have one?

Originally Posted By: FastSUV
if it truly is broken...and u MUST have a cordless mouse then get a bluetooth one...much better signal.
My dad just bought one of the newer Logitech Keyboard/Mouse combo's and he can use it from across the room. (about 6ft away)

My logitech has been awesome. It's just oldschool wireless works great. It's been thrown a few times and still keeps coming back for more. Battery life is excellent. I also have a cheap (targus, maybe) bluetooth mouse that I use with my other laptop and it's great. Battery life is decent, but resolution is much better.

I thought I post this in case someone has the same problem. My less than 2 month old wireless microsoft mouse died. I swapped usb ports, changed AA batteries, put on a different computer, tried to sync the wireless receiver with no results. I ended up changing to an alkaline rechargeable battery I had, the thing works perfect again. The duracell alkaline battery that came with the mouse must have been too weak for it to work even though the optical light was on. Microsoft said 6 month battery light if wireless mouse left on 24/7, I got 7 weeks out of the battery.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back