Daylight Savings Time is over.

ShakeHarderBoy.gif

at least the time warp for me isn't so bad as when I worked for a living.
I'd like to see DST in place all year here.

That would push our earliest sunset (at the winter solstice) from c. 1630 to 1730, although the downside would be the latest sunrise moving from c. 0830 to 0930.

No love here. My watch is telling me that sunset is at 4:30. Ugh. That reminds me, I should be rushing to get outside while there's light!

I have four "atomic" clocks and one "atomic" watch - none of them adjusted overnight. Skies are clear here but there was some fog. This never happened before.

I was originally for year round Standard time because it keeps the kids from having to walk to school in the dark and also saves electricity in the summer. But I now have a better idea. How about a compromise? Split the difference between DST and Std time. When we set the clocks forward in March '24, we only go forward 1/2 hour and then we leave it forever. How's that idea?

Why not just have the schools start an hour later during the winter???
You'd have to coordinate it with daycares, banks, offices, etc. There'd be some stubborn old guy holding out making life miserable for everyone else. Better to do it by fiat.

My 20 year old Atomic wall clock started running 10X speed at about 8:30 last night. The lady friend and I were watching some DVR'ed episodes of the "The Unexplained". She thought she was in a time warp when she told me, she saw it. Don't know when it quit running fast but the time was "bang on" this morning.

So much to do over something so mundane. Change it or keep it the same, I couldn’t care less. One of the greatest advantages of growing older is realizing that people’s opinions about almost everything has no bearing on your life what so ever.

Back