Dayco molded lower radiator hose poor quality

Paulo,

I had a senior moment. The hose was a Gates, not Dayco. My error in this thread. Sorry for the confusion.
No worries. I get senior moments ALL THE TIME. I should have read thru the previous posts or looked closer at the label on that hose.

The real common one is I'll have a wrench in my hand, I'll put it down and them I can't find it for 10 minutes (if at all). I have a pair of side cutters that I haven't seen in a long while.

I've never heard of a radiator hose failing on any modern car unless it was related to accident damage.
I don't know what constitutes modern but I just replaced a failed upper rad hose on a '99 XJ. Not sure if it was the original hose?

It failed at the inside radius of a relatively tight (molded) bend

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
I've never heard of a radiator hose failing on any modern car unless it was related to accident damage.
You must not keep vehicles very long. They do last a long time but eventually they degrade to the point requiring replacement.

No worries. I get senior moments ALL THE TIME. I should have read thru the previous posts or looked closer at the label on that hose.

The real common one is I'll have a wrench in my hand, I'll put it down and them I can't find it for 10 minutes (if at all). I have a pair of side cutters that I haven't seen in a long while.
Paulo, when I was putting on the Gates hose later at night, I lost my hose clamp pliers. How the heck could I lose a 30 inch tool while using it.

Look closely.

PXL_20230429_151818499.jpg
PXL_20230429_151830063.jpg

Sorry to hear that some of you have had bad luck with Dayco hoses. In October 2020, I replaced my heater core and decided to replace the lower radiator hose as well; Dayco 71806 for a 1998 Volvo S70...I had to replace my radiator in May 2023 and inspected the lower hose. Replacement radiator was Nissens. Once again, no worries from the Dayco hose; no bulges, cracks etc. As I recall I only paid $3.39 plus tax and shipping from RockAuto for a total of $14..

Reactions: GON
Back