Daughter bought a new car

As many of you know from a previous post, my daughter was rear ended on her way to work while stopped for a School Bus, thus totaling out her 2015 Civic LX 1.8L(Modern Steel Met/light gray int).

Well with the insurance money from the other driver, and a few thousand more of her own dollar$, she bought a brand new 2022 Civic LX 2.0L(Meteorite Gray Met/light gray int), coincidently in same color combo as she had with here 2015(her preference).

Slightly under MSRP... Surprisingly! (y) After tax & registration/new plates, she paid close to MSRP but at least she DIDN'T overpay for it in today's times.
She found it in Pittsburgh and they're delivering it (FOC) this week to her in State College.

Yes indeed. She did as well as she could do in this pandemic and the fact that she needed a car like...Yesterday!
She has also gone through our own(wife & I) car purchasing experience(s) and what not to do/don't do or say when dealing with sales people.
She also did an extensive research between PA, NY, OH.

She has also had some of my BITOG anal retentive-ness as-far-as what she likes/dislikes and realizes that no vehicle is perfect but, can you live long term with what you dislike. She must like HONDA's as this is her 3rd one(1 Accord/2 Civics) and she test drives every car that she will even consider. She's also had a Mazda3 and test drove a few(new & used).

She likes the 2022 Mazda3 also but liked the Civic just that tiny bit more and she could also get is sooner with a lighter interior. It seems as though every car maker is sending ONLY BLACK interiors to their dealers.

I haven't driven the new '22 Civic yet but from what I am viewing from Youtube is, for as nice as a car that the CIVIC is, they've lost some sound insulation. Not that HONDAs were ever a quiet car but, Honda was starting to make them quieter. Her 2015 LX was nicely quiet as HONDA did some damage control from the 2012 redesign that got bashed so badly from the PRESS.

Last edited:
With how well the old one held up in the rear end collision I can see why she'd get another.

It seems that with compacts and sub compacts, not too many people want them so they are available. If it was a crossover or pickup - good luck!

Awesome, glad to hear and thanks for the update. First year of the new gen. Which have always been fine with me. Especially with Hondas and Toyotas.

Awesome, glad to hear and thanks for the update. First year of the new gen. Which have always been fine with me. Especially with Hondas and Toyotas.
Typically we like to wait a model year or two of a new generation. But the situation being what it is, she needs a car now. With a used car, she‘d certainly over pay, making making new cars the real deal in this pandemic.

I noticed this.

The brilliant souls who thought of this should be sent to Arizona during the summer, to repeatedly sit in cars that have sat in the sun, while wearing only Speedo's.
I was talking to a Mazda sales rep and she claimed that Mazda buyers like black interiors. I realize that making more of a vehicle the same, keeps the quality high while reducing cost and lowers inventory by offering 2 interior colors instead of the recent 3 or 4 interior colors. In the early years, you could get something like, 13 interior colors. One to match each paint color. Now, even the paint colors are reduced to 6-8 paint choices.

I personally like tan/beige interiors with an exterior paint that matches. Such as Pewter/Stone, Champagne, Maroon/Garnet, White/Pearl White. I'm not a huge fan of Blue's or plain Red or Gold. But anything that is light in exterior paint color and cleans up well without too much work.

IDK if anyone will see this post any further but I wanted to add that, the other insurance company paid my daughter $5100 more for her '15 Civic than she paid for it as a used car, 3 years ago in 2018. That was the good part. However, she still had to come up with another $5400 for the new '22 Civic.

I did not see the crash messages but she is lucky to be pickings a car instead of you picking a casket.
Replacing a car that gave such stellar service in a crash with newer model of the same is normal and most people would do the same. Used car prices are crazy.

My friend’s daughter was rear ended recently and now she is afraid to use highways (high speed crash in front of backed up traffic). Not fun.

Krzyś

At the top of this page, there is a link to the original thread of the crash. Then once that thread is open, you can scroll down a few posts/replies and there is a picture of the car.

Back