Darn dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sorry to hear this. We have an English Shepherd mix going on 15 yrs old (we've had him since 3 months old, and it's going to be very difficult when this time comes.

She was a beautiful dog; I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye. Hang on to your great memories and, hopefully soon, you'll be able to smile again and feel the warmth on your heart when you think of her.

Ed

You gave her a good life AZ and she had all the attention and TLC for a lifetime so be glad that you could help her on the journey we all have to take sooner or later. My wife has pictures around the house of all of the cats and dogs we have had for forty seven years. Enjoyed them in life and sad they are no longer around to greet us in the morning. Hope they are right about the Rainbow Bridge.

Sorry for your loss. We had to put down a 14 year old English Springer Spanial in 2004. It's a tough deal. But dogs help us be better human beings. We now have our two FINAL pets: an 8 year old Springer and a 15 year old Persian cat.

Thanks fellas. I've been thinking about her and I know what's different. Our previous dogs not only declined physically but mentally as well, going dog senile and maybe dog alzheimers. It was hard but the right thing. She was still herself but her body failed her. I had to carry her outside that morning then back in but she ate her normal breakfast and was wagging her tail.

I read somewhere you lose every dog but the last one. We still have the 7 yr old cattle dog who I belong to and try to live up to his expectations so the house isn't empty but it is different. The years of good times far outweigh the hurt.

We went thru that extra 6 month treatment thing ...Never again. After the point where daily life is misery you are just being selfish not ending it. RIP Doggie ...Sorry for your loss.

Losing a dog isn't like losing a family member, it IS losing a family member...sorry for your loss....

Originally Posted By: grampi
Losing a dog isn't like losing a family member, it IS losing a family member...sorry for your loss....
After having dozens of dogs and cats over the past forty some years, having to euthanize one never gets any easier. That last morning and the final trip to the vet are truly sad moments.We do the best we can for them, but even the best of vet care doesn't prevent the moment we have been thinking about and regretting. For me, its placing them into their carrier for the last time and eventually removing their name from it.

I am so sorry and feel your pain. Take care of yourself. Heal, Then get another dog when you are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back