damaged my new trailer, advice?

I just bought a brand new 6x12 enclosed trailer, spent a month building shelves, painting, racks, a place for everything to be organized etc... it turned out really nice. My son and I use it for our dirtbikes and we ride with other kids and dads. Sunday, the 6th time we used the trailer a kid (14 yrs old) accidently let his bike fall over against the side entry door and put 4 silver dollar sized dents in it. I cant be too mad because I know it was an accident and my son could have done the same with someone elses truck or trailer. The kids father offered to pay what ever it takes to make it new again. Should I let it go or reskin the door and ask dad to cover the cost of materials?

Personally I would eat the cost however I build my financial life as self warranty/self insure so have a nice chunk sitting. Not sure in your case.

Photos would help.

I’d let it go and hopefully if the situation was ever reversed, the other dad would do the same.

I'd let it go and chalk it up to a life experience for the kid, but like others here, I'm not too worried about finances.

If it's really a sticking point for you, maybe offer to split the cost of the reskin with the dad.

Good for you and your hopeful nature, thinking a utility trailer used for dirtbikes would never receive any damage or blemishes!

We need to see pictures; otherwise, your OP makes you sound a bit wound up too tight over a NON issue.

I'd let it go. In a few years will anyone notice? Will it affect the value that much? I think of enclosed trailers as use and abuse items.

It is doing what it was meant to do and that is be used. Hopefully it will get more dents as you get enjoyment from using the trailer.

Compare to another recent post where some yahoo backed into a members vehicle then proceeded to act like a pendejo, it looks like this kidsdad is a decent stand up guys that at least offered to make it right. If you can live with it IMHO I wouldnt sweat it

I wouldn’t be concerned about dents on a utility trailer. I’d just let it go.

That's the way it goes with trailers.

A month into it the ball popped off as I was loading and broke the jack handle. Kinda bummed but they always get scratches and dents.

Back