Dale Jr. To Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbhero's comments are right on the money. His summary might have been a bit overly kind to Teresa Earnhardt but that's just a reflection of bbhero's kind heart.

Jr tried very hard to get along with Teresa and endured many shout downs even in front of others, both co works and friends. Jr had the grace to just walk away. Later events proved Jr to have the right ideas for the future of DEI but Jr never went back and said, "I told you so". He just moved on.

There are a lot of people out there that will wish him well in whatever he does as long as he continues his father's tradition of going fishing with friends, co-workers and competitors and putting work aside for a while. Behind that mean snarl and crooked smile of Sr was a good heart and Jr is more of the same.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
And there goes Nascar...

It was long gone when you couldnt but the cars they drive, imaginary two door versions of four door cars were used, and headlights became stickers...

I wish it was still STOCK car racing..

I love seeing those rare 1 of 200 cars at shows that were made just so that trim package could compete in NASCAR. I think 200 is the number anyways.

From Heavy.com...wow!!
'Teresa and her stepson had another spat in 2006 when it was reported that Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s name was in fact owned by her.

That meant that in order for Dale Jr. to use his name in licensing and endorsement deals, he had to be granted permission by Teresa. ESPN pulled up records from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, which showed that as soon as Dale Sr. died in the 2001 crash, the rights to his son’s name were transferred to his estate, and Teresa was the executor of his estate. She transferred the rights to his name to his dad’s trust and then to herself.

In June 2006, Dale Jr. told NASCAR.com that he and Teresa agreed to terms on transferring the rights to his name back to him.

The feud between the two seemed to simmer down briefly after the three years of negotiations came to an end. But when the two got into the public contract dispute, Dale Jr. admitted that his relationship with Teresa had always been lackluster since he was a kid. He said the relationship with Teresa “ain’t a bed of roses,” adding that it “has always been a very black-and-white, very strict and in-your-face.”

“The relationship we have today is the same relationship we had when I was 6 years old when I moved into that house with Dad and her,” Earnhardt said in a January 2006 interview with the Orlando Sentinel. “It hasn’t gotten worse over the last couple of years or couple of months…the way I felt about her then is the way I feel about her now.”'

I can't imagine marrying a woman who treated my kid like garbage, especially when she was 6 years old. I'd guess Sr was probably just not around enough to realize what was going on.
I get the feeling that "that house" was a very sad place for Jr.

Stepmothers can become a royal PITA, because they automatically have a built in resentment for the stepson or stepdaughter. Because they are the living product of a past relationship with their husband. Many women simply cannot stomach that well. They see their husbands ex every time they look at his child. Add in fame, recognition, and millions of dollars and it only becomes a bigger, even more vindictive mess....... And before anyone starts squawking, the converse is also true in many cases.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Stepmothers can become a royal PITA, because they automatically have a built in resentment for the stepson or stepdaughter. Because they are the living product of a past relationship with their husband. Many women simply cannot stomach that well. They see their husbands ex every time they look at his child. Add in fame, recognition, and millions of dollars and it only becomes a bigger, even more vindictive mess....... And before anyone starts squawking, the converse is also true in many cases.

So many times when there is a local news story about the death of an infant or toddler due to beating or abuse, a boyfriend of the mom or a stepfather is involved...absolutely horrifying is all I can call it. Don't mean to smear all stepparents, have met a few children of divorced parents who got along much better with their step than the absent biological parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back