STEWART-HAAS RACING TO SWITCH TO FORD IN 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't understand all the hatred of Danica Patrick. There are at least a dozen guys who run and finish behind her every race. Which one of those guys would prefer over her? The whole thing seems so childish. Sheese.....

I don't know if it's Danica so much as the rubbish that follows her around. I have no problem with women in general being in racing, or her in particular. I think it's great, as a matter of fact. A lot of people don't like the notion of a pay driver, but, that's a fact of life in all tiers.

But, the garbage that follows her, specifically, around is beyond belief. The talk of her going to Formula 1 doesn't speak anything about her, because the talk is baloney. It speaks more about the journalists who come up with this tripe, and why they'd single her out for F1 talk ahead of many other similarly absolutely unqualified people.

To be eligible to even seek a Super License, you have to have a certain number of points, allocated based upon what you've done so far in racing of various tiers. Danica has the same number of points towards Super License eligibility as I do - absolutely zero.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I just can't understand all the hatred of Danica Patrick. There are at least a dozen guys who run and finish behind her every race. Which one of those guys would prefer over her?

Give those same guys her equipment and see what happens. As was said, a good ride deserves a good driver. Danica isn't it. Or ever was for that matter. It's not so much her, as it is the waste of good equipment on her. Put a talented driver in her car and you'll have something to watch on the track. Instead of just watching her off of it. You can give a hack a $6,000.00 set of custom golf clubs, and he's still going to be a hack.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I just can't understand all the hatred of Danica Patrick. There are at least a dozen guys who run and finish behind her every race. Which one of those guys would prefer over her?

Give those same guys her equipment and see what happens. As was said, a good ride deserves a good driver. Danica isn't it. Or ever was for that matter. It's not so much her, as it is the waste of good equipment on her. Put a talented driver in her car and you'll have something to watch on the track. Instead of just watching her off of it. You can give a hack a $6,000.00 set of custom golf clubs, and he's still going to be a hack.

+1 exactly

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ShotGun429
Robert Yates once claimed that if they did that the OHC Fords would run away with the show, but I honestly don't think that's true anymore, especially if they kept the gearing rules that didn't let anyone spin over ~8000 RPM, which is what it would take for the OHC to really gain any advantage.) Sorry to tell you:440 Magnum, Buts it still true, The Dynos here dont lie... Thats why "NASCAR doesn't want Fords Modular motors playing in their sandbox"

You're trying to tell me that a modified Modular has an advantage below 8000 RPM over the LSx and Hemi? Sorry, not really believing it. If you left the gear ratios unlimited, then of COURSE an OHC will win because someone will build the bottom end and intake/exhuast to play well at 12,000 RPM where pushrods and 2 valves/cylinder can't follow (Penske proved long ago that pushrods can work just fine at 10,000 RPM before the the current gear rules). But with gear ratio rules, and certain factory part requirements, the Modular (and Toyota iForce) would have minimal advantages and those would be offset by drawbacks like higher CG and higher hood lines.

Even if it did open up an advantage, I'd really like to see some brand-specific engineering honesty in "stock" car racing. It would make everyone get better.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: ShotGun429
Robert Yates once claimed that if they did that the OHC Fords would run away with the show, but I honestly don't think that's true anymore, especially if they kept the gearing rules that didn't let anyone spin over ~8000 RPM, which is what it would take for the OHC to really gain any advantage.) Sorry to tell you:440 Magnum, Buts it still true, The Dynos here dont lie... Thats why "NASCAR doesn't want Fords Modular motors playing in their sandbox"

You're trying to tell me that a modified Modular has an advantage below 8000 RPM over the LSx and Hemi? Sorry, not really believing it. If you left the gear ratios unlimited, then of COURSE an OHC will win because someone will build the bottom end and intake/exhuast to play well at 12,000 RPM where pushrods and 2 valves/cylinder can't follow (Penske proved long ago that pushrods can work just fine at 10,000 RPM before the the current gear rules). But with gear ratio rules, and certain factory part requirements, the Modular (and Toyota iForce) would have minimal advantages and those would be offset by drawbacks like higher CG and higher hood lines.

Even if it did open up an advantage, I'd really like to see some brand-specific engineering honesty in "stock" car racing. It would make everyone get better.

NASCAR could allow the modular Ford, but could stick it to them by not allowing 4 valves per cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back