d-loaded intel security true key,created problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that after I installed this, It slowed my comp a lot. Booting time is now about 1.5 minutes, When I click on Firefox browser, it takes about 45 seconds, in is unresponsive" asking if I wait to stop scripts. When in sleep mode, it"ll take about 15 seconds or so to get to desktop. I've done a restore to about a week ago and it seemed to help.Now,when I run Advanced systemcare, it'll find like 789 privacy issues, 7.8mb of junk files and that's after I ran it yesterday. Yesterday was waaay worse! I had hundreds of registry prblems, a lot of privacy issues and about 10 mb of junk files. I have a "meter" that shows cpu and ram usage and the cpu usage is almost always under 10% while ra is around 25%. I've ran rkill and nothing. Avast seems to turn off often and I did a boot sector scan from Avast and nothing. Win 7

That really makes no sence to me why it would do this so I'm kinda in doubt that is the cause. Sounds like your problem is coming from your hard drive as for CPU usage we really have no way to tell. You can open task manager and see what's using so much of the CPU at idle.

As for registry cleaners its better to not use them. Performance wise registry rarely has any significant impact on the system. There really isn't much benefit to them and the downside is they can seriesly damage your operating system.

Hard drives break down with time and they lose performance (while not significant at first it adds up over time). Last November I built myself a $1,400 PC and just last week my hard drive failed on me. I used a very reputable brand and 7 months is not really anything to a hard drive.

Without seeing it in person its hard to say what it could be but if I had to guess your hard drive would be it.

Run a HD. health check.
Uninstall ASC, I had issues with that on many computers.
Try Glary Utilities... it's free.
I had seen viruses blow up Avast and make it go nuts. Try others.
Download Malwarebytes as well.

I got that script problem running Windows 10 with Firefox and Adobe Flash player. The problem was with Firefox and the Adobe Flash player not playing well together. I got a couple of automatic updates and the problem disappeared.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Sounds like your problem is coming from your hard drive as for CPU usage we really have no way to tell. You can open task manager and see what's using so much of the CPU at idle.

As for registry cleaners its better to not use them. Performance wise registry rarely has any significant impact on the system. There really isn't much benefit to them and the downside is they can seriesly damage your operating system.

Without seeing it in person its hard to say what it could be but if I had to guess your hard drive would be it.
CPU is running at LESS than 10% . I don't think that's a lot. I've always had good luck with reg cleaners. It all depends which one you use. I really doubt it's the HD. It started acting up RIGHT AFTER downloading. Before this, comp was running really great.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Sounds like your problem is coming from your hard drive as for CPU usage we really have no way to tell. You can open task manager and see what's using so much of the CPU at idle.

CPU is running at LESS than 10% . I don't think that's a lot. I've always had good luck with reg cleaners. It all depends which one you use. I really doubt it's the HD. It started acting up RIGHT AFTER downloading. Before this, comp was running really great.

I read your post you don't need to point stuff out. I wasn't trying to be rude and I'm still not but your problem is unrelated to the program unless its using large chunks of your hard drive 24/7 causing a bottleneck for other programs.

As for the registry cleaner your more then welcome to use it I just wanted to mention its little reward with a lot of risk. They have been known to cause significant damage to systems. Not saying it is but there could even be a chance that your problem was caused by the registry cleaner.

Intel true security key is some garbage they push with adobe downloads?(right?)
I never install that stuff..

Next thing you will tell us you use mcafee security scan too :p

Registry cleaners and other similar utilities cause more issues than they will ever solve.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Intel true security key is some garbage they push with adobe downloads?(right?)
I never install that stuff..

Next thing you will tell us you use mcafee security scan too :p

Registry cleaners and other similar utilities cause more issues than they will ever solve.
Wrong. I never touch Mcafee I've never had problems with cleaners. I guess it depends which one you use. My comp's running as good as before again!! Thanks for the suggestions.

My comp's running as good as before again!! Thanks for the suggestions.

Sounds premature, but glad your PC is working again.

Originally Posted By: Rand
My comp's running as good as before again!! Thanks for the suggestions.

Sounds premature, but glad your PC is working again.

nope.been days now and i've done everything i always use it for and runs great.Thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back