[Cut Open] PH7317 Virgin x3 (Orange/Blue/Black)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orange ADBV

PH7317VOrange1.jpeg

PH7317VOrange2.jpeg

PH7317VOrange3.jpeg

PH7317VOrange4.jpeg

PH7317VOrange5.jpeg

PH7317VOrange6.jpeg

PH7317VOrange7.jpeg

PH7317VOrange8.jpeg

PH7317VOrange9.jpeg

Black and orange both made by Parker, but different number markings.
Parker seems to make silicone hose, but also some nitrile hose. So not sure that is useful.

Thank you for the cut and posts. So did you freeze test them, they all look like silicone. Black nitrile looks a bit different than that.
You're welcome of course.

They are in the freezer now. My impression is that both the blue and black are thicker than the orange and the orange is more pliable than either of the other two at room temp. Particularly not impressed with the blue one...
Doing good work there @DuckRyder

Thank you

Where in the world did that blue adbv come from? First time I've ever seen that. What a trip!

It seems to be the same as the Supertech MP.

Are the baseplates the same between the orange and the blue? They look different but that might be camera angle. Was the black baseplate the same?

Black and orange both made by Parker, but different number markings.
Parker seems to make silicone hose, but also some nitrile hose. So not sure that is useful.

Yes.. maybe i'll google about if i get time
The media looks the same in all three.

For the most part, the black one was not as straight near the crimp
Are the baseplates the same between the orange and the blue? They look different but that might be camera angle. Was the black baseplate the same?
All three appear otherwise identical... save for perhaps slightly sloppier media in the black one...

I was looking for a Spin-on to Canister adapter for Asian engines (Minus toyota)
I could find the "other way conversion" but not to a canister. Do you think there would be any interest in this?
This way you could analyse the "guts" of you filter with no need to cut them open, and on many applications use a
1.5 - 2x larger filter capacity.

Nice work, but you destroyed three filters where a call to FRAM may have solved the "whats that ADBV?"
Already done several times and reported on other Ph7317 thread. After several "new stock vs old stock", "it's still orange" type answers from Fram reps, claimed black to be silicone. On controlled adbv freezer test comparison, orange vs black, concluded black more/most likely nitrile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back