[Cut Open] ACDelco Duraguard PF2192

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is another M20 1.5 all the applications listed are Subaru's. I have never seen holes on the bottom that are covered by the leaf spring. Also another strange thing is it has no anti-drainback flap.

20151230_155650_zps30vnoiav.jpg

20151230_155642_zps2f3xsv64.jpg

20151230_155626_zpsslhff0iq.jpg

20151230_155616_zpslvxwgjl2.jpg

20151230_155606_zpss4ox7cfg.jpg

Originally Posted By: jhellwig
The john deere filter for my lawnmower also has those holes covered with the spring.

That's the bypass valve ... kind of a unique design as it's not seen in any other brand of filters.

Just like the ACDelco PF52 I just cut open and posted, the seam is not glued flat. On the other hand, the ACDelco ecore that I cut open, and the other ecores that I have seen cut open all have a glued flat seam. I would think a flat glued seam would be a stronger bond since there is more media being glued.

It's the Champion Laboratories 'clicker" style bypass valve.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=321218

I guess they're still being used in applications with no ADBV instead of the more typical Champ "combo" valve.

Here's the Castrol SFX oil filter video showing this bypass valve design in a filter that also uses a ADBV.

Why there's no ADBV in this AC Delco application / model number is a good question.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha

Here's the Castrol SFX oil filter video showing this bypass valve design in a filter that also uses a ADBV.

The video just points to one of the base plate inlet holes and mentions "bypass valve". But the "clicker" type of bypass valve is located at the dome end of the filter as shown in the photos in the first post.

Try looking again especially at 00:35

Yeah, they point to the base plate and say "ADBV". But later they also point to the base plate and mention "bypass valve" (time 1:54).

Like I said, the "clicker" style bypass valve is not at the base end, but on the dome end like shown in the OP's photos.

Well, up to that point they clearly show the holes in the dome end cap of the element. Then in the exploded view, they clearly show the clicker valve at the dome end, but do not specifically call it out.

Take a look again at the dome end in the exploded diagram at 00:35, not the baseplate end.

If you still can't see it I'll get a still shot and mark up with a circle & arrow for you. It's visible from 00:35 to about 00:45. Remember, dome end.

here's the full youtube link so you can expand it to full screen view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx3l8Uujx2w

Last edited:
^^^ That video doesn't say jack about any kind of "clicker" bypass valve. The only time they mention a bypass valve is at time 1:54, and what they say about it is totally wrong because it's not actually located on the base plate end anyway.

So even at full screen magnification, you can't see the shiny clicker valve in the exploded view between the dome end of the media and the can between 00:35 and 00:45? What do you describe that object as?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ That video doesn't say jack about any kind of "clicker" bypass valve. The only time they mention a bypass valve is at time 1:54, and what they say about it is totally wrong because it's not actually located on the base plate end anyway.

As I said to start with

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=321218

I guess they're still being used in applications with no ADBV instead of the more typical Champ "combo" valve.

Why there's no ADBV in this AC Delco application / model number is a good question.

You're still obviously not looking at the picture beyond where the little highlight flags are, is that deliberate?

So even at full screen magnification, you can't see the shiny clicker valve in the exploded view between the dome end of the media and the can between 00:35 and 00:45? What do you describe that object as?

You're still obviously not looking at the picture beyond where the little highlight flags are, is that deliberate?

Yes, I see that, and knew that all along. BUT my point is that the video does NOT point to the real bypass valve. The bypass valve is not in the base where the video points to it at time 1:54. You even say the same thing in red above that I'm telling you.

The bypass valve in on the media assembly end cap located at the dome end of the filter, just like it's seen in the photos in the first post of this thread. The video is inaccurate about showing where the bypass valve is really located.

Here's the pictures I've been referring to all along.

Up first a screen shot I took at 00:35. I added my own red circle, red arrow, and red text for clarity. This stays in the picture of the exploded view until the scene changes at 00:45.

Clicker%20Valve_zps8chpjdcc.jpg

Next is a screen shot at 00:20 showing the perforations in the dome side endcap used with the clicker valve. I added dark red text and dark red arrow for clarity.

Clicker%20Valve%202_zpsk4reyxew.png

Those video time stamps are visible on the screen shots.

^^^ See my post above. The video is erroneous about saying the bypass valve is in the base. I always knew where it really was, and that's why I pointed out the video is wrong. It was never a question of if I could find it in the video.

Well I never said the clicker valve wasn't in the dome end. The base end has an extension of the center tube area for the ADBV. This is clearly evident on the AC Delco filter as well. The clicker valve sits flat over the perforated end cap.

The Castrol SFX clearly has a ADBV the video mistakenly refers to as the BPV at 1:54. Look at the pictures of the actual Castrol SFX filters at filtersandwipers.com.

Clicker%20Valve%202_zps9aolicqw.jpg

The AC Delco posted by the OP does not have a ADBV.

So to your post

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: jhellwig
The john deere filter for my lawnmower also has those holes covered with the spring.

That's the bypass valve ... kind of a unique design as it's not seen in any other brand of filters.

I see AC Delco, Castrol SFX and jhellwig added John deere as brands that employ this design. What brand were you referring to?

From what I can see Champion Laboratories uses and has used this design for more than one brand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back