[Cut Open] AC Delco PF46E Duraguard GM 5.3 ~ 4703 Mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
That's funny the GM engineers accountants seem to think they're alright for intervals set by the olm?

There. I fixed it for ya.
Actually, I've run dozens of E-Core filters in the past with no problems. I've cut a few of them open, and while I've never had an ACDelco E-core on any of my engines, the SuperTech filters had plenty of media. In the past, I've picked up some STP filters from some Autozone oil specials. They seemed to have less media, but they didn't have any blow outs like some of the ones that have been pictured in the past.
I no longer go out of my way to buy them individually though.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
That's funny the GM engineers accountants seem to think they're alright for intervals set by the olm?

There. I fixed it for ya.
Actually, I've run dozens of E-Core filters in the past with no problems. I've cut a few of them open, and while I've never had an ACDelco E-core on any of my engines, the SuperTech filters had plenty of media. In the past, I've picked up some STP filters from some Autozone oil specials. They seemed to have less media, but they didn't have any blow outs like some of the ones that have been pictured in the past.
I no longer go out of my way to buy them individually though.

Exactly! It's the bean counters that usually dictate things at GM. I hope GM Engineering had to sign off on the e-core filters though.

That's a good looking e-core. The last few I've seen cut apart on here look much better than the old ones in regards to pleat/media count. I don't think this filter could have suffered from the dreaded square hole failure.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
although i am anti e core this filter looks pretty good

Ditto. The design, if done with tight even pleats is excellent. When you get sloppy, like recent puro pleating, you end up with a recipe for failure when the pleats flatten out against the plastic cage. If they made see-through cans I would use them.

Lots of tight, evenly spaced, pleats is important with *any* design IMO.

+1 on the importance of pleat spacing. Seems the ecores of late have finally got it down. Also noticed the fiber end caps on this one are pretty thick, which ensures they stay ridged and flat.

Looks good...

Looks better then the FRAM TG .

Perhaps the E-Core works good for some engines..

However as some say if you keep your oil and filter changed regularly , i bet even a cheap oil filter would be fine.

Like if you a person whom changes each 3000 miles or 3500 miles..

I would think even a Fram Extra Gaurd would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back