Curved Or Straight Edger Attachment?

Looking at edger attachments for my echo trimmer, there is a pas curved and straight. Which do most of you prefer? I've used a straight before with an older husky trimmer. I'm wondering if the straight one is a tougher commercial unit.

Thoughts ?

Thanks.

I would think that straight shaft is a better design because the driveshaft inside the metal tube does not need to make a bend. However, doing a Google search seems to be a toss up regarding one vs. the other due to other factors. Interesting.

Which power head do you have ? I know echo doesn't recommend the straight shaft edger attachment for all of their powerheads like pas-225. I chose straight shaft personally but I messed up and bought a dedicated edger instead of the PAS system.

^^^ You must ensure compatibility with the PAS powerhead that you currently own as shown below.

1691807384008.jpg

Which power head do you have ? I know echo doesn't recommend the straight shaft edger attachment for all of their powerheads like pas-225. I chose straight shaft personally but I messed up and bought a dedicated edger instead of the PAS system.
^^^ You must ensure compatibility with the PAS powerhead that you currently own as shown below.

View attachment 172220
Pas 2620

I personally got the straight. I had a pretty bad edging job to do in my yard because a laid sod earlier in the year. I had a troy bilt curved shaft trimmer and I got a curved shaft edger attachment. I ended up burning up the engine I think because it wasn't strong enough. I ended up buying the PE-2620S because I wanted to make sure what I bought could do the job because I didn't want to buy twice. I will say the 2620 engine with a straight shaft edger is a beast.

I personally got the straight. I had a pretty bad edging job to do in my yard because a laid sod earlier in the year. I had a troy bilt curved shaft trimmer and I got a curved shaft edger attachment. I ended up burning up the engine I think because it wasn't strong enough. I ended up buying the PE-2620S because I wanted to make sure what I bought could do the job because I didn't want to buy twice. I will say the 2620 engine with a straight shaft edger is a beast.
Thanks! I appreciate the recommendation!

Thanks! I appreciate the recommendation!
No problem. I just wish I had purchased the PAS-2620 in the first place. In the end I might end up with 3 engines. One trimmer. One edger and at some point I'm going to need a pole saw. Guess I could sell the trimmer and the edger at that point but I'll probably take a bath on it.

No problem. I just wish I had purchased the PAS-2620 in the first place. In the end I might end up with 3 engines. One trimmer. One edger and at some point I'm going to need a pole saw. Guess I could sell the trimmer and the edger at that point but I'll probably take a bath on it.
Im eating the cost of the Ryobi 40v.

Im eating the cost of the Ryobi 40v.
Did it not work that well ? I am very reluctant to jump on to the electric bandwagon. I got a Ryobi 40v blower that I do like but I'm wondering if it will last. I'm sure the blower will but the batteries are expensive

Did it not work that well ? I am very reluctant to jump on to the electric bandwagon. I got a Ryobi 40v blower that I do like but I'm wondering if it will last. I'm sure the blower will but the batteries are expensive
Worked ok, but not enough run time, brush blade head runs down the batt quick. Battery costs as much as a new trimmer with a battery.

Back