Echo PAS-225 Trimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked this up at Home Depot to replace my broken piece of junk Poulan trimmer. It had a "New lower price" of $229, marked down from $249. I did also get the Home Depot protection plan for $35, which adds 2 years on to the factory 5 year warranty for a total of 7 years.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-Pro-Attach...225SB/204667049

I was a bit concerned that it would be underpowered being only 21.2cc, but I am really surprised at how much power this thing has. It just rips right through everything in its path without hesitation. I had a lot of really overgrown weeds since I've been without a trimmer for a while, no problem for this thing. It definitely outperforms the Poulan even though it was 30cc, and the Echo is so much lighter and more comfortable to use. I also found that it's very easy to make the multi-brand attachments work with the Echo, so I can still use all the attachments I had for the Poulan. I've only got about an hour of runtime on it, but so far I'm extremely impressed with it. Time will tell how it holds up. I have 2 Poulan chainsaws and I love them, but that trimmer was a pile of fecal matter.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new Echo. My old Echo GT...can't remember the model, string trimmer has been running great for over 15 years. I bought a new Echo CS350 chainsaw last year and love it as well. Great that the Poulan attachments will work for you. I use the Echo power blend 2 stroke oil with never a problem.

Yes that engine has plenty of power. I use .095 trimmer line, and it does a very good job. When I bought mine about four years ago, the engines were still made in Japan, but they were assembled in China.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Yes that engine has plenty of power. I use .095 trimmer line, and it does a very good job. When I bought mine about four years ago, the engines were still made in Japan, but they were assembled in China.

I don't think that's correct. I was just at the dealer looking at one and it said made in japan. Same say made in usa

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

I don't think that's correct. I was just at the dealer looking at one and it said made in japan. Same say made in usa

Mine says "Assembled in USA".

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

Like I said earlier. I bought mine about four years ago, and it says assembled in China, but it was made in Japan. I have no idea what they say now because mine has run perfectly over the years, and I have not done a thing to it. I just mix the cheap Stihl orange bottle 2-cycle oil with gas and go.

Nicely done! I have the same unit I bought about four years ago (also assembled in the USA). I've found that the GT-225 is often assembled in China, but the PAS-225 and SRM-225 (and above) are usually assembled in the USA. Is interesting that they reduced the emissions hour rating on these. Mine's a 300 hour engine. Looks like the current models are 50 hours. I also have an Echo ES-250 blower/vac with the 25.4cc engine that is only 50 hours (but also assembled in the USA!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back