Currently running Redline but would like to switch....

Status
Not open for further replies.
to Amsoil. I have been running Redline 10w40 for about 8k miles. I also run the K&N oil filter, I changed the filter at 4k miles and added a quart of oil. I could tell a big difference in how the car ran when I switched from Mobil 1 to Redline about 8k miles ago. I love the redline! But I have heard nothing but good things about AMSOIL so I think it is time to change over. Which AMSOIL should I run? I was going to buy SAE 10W-40 Synthetic High Performance Motor Oil...I figured that is what is comparable to the Redline 10w40...am I right?

I have 80k miles on my LS1 with full exhaust, and nitrous just incase you guys were wondering.

I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other but how about doing an oil analysis on the Redline first, then running another second interval with it, analyze again, and then switch to Amsoil?

If you do this, you can then see how the analysis results compare, and that will show you for sure if there is a big difference between the two.

Ghost SS,

I'd run the Amsoil Series 3000, 5w-30 in this application ....Even though it is primarily marketed as a diesel oil, it works extremely well in gas engines. The additive chemistry is the most robust of any of their formulations - it's ACEA "A3/B3" rated, so it would be my choice for an engine using nitrous.

I would consider some oil analysis testing to determine a proper drain interval ....

TooSlick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back