Curb rash... Please help!

I lend my vehicles out to neighbors from time to time. The GS came home with, you guessed it, curb rash. I may take it in to get it fixed right, but is there a touch up paint or something to do a quickie fix? And that's brand new Pilot Sport 4S rubber...
I apprecaite your guidance.

PXL_20220424_191014927.jpg
PXL_20220424_191033059.jpg

Model car paint from the craft shop, or a touch up bottle from the parts store of your choice. Wash and wipe the tire. Good to go. Don’t spent money on such a minor scratch.

Ouch, but in the second pic its hardly visible. I'd tell your neighbor and see if they take responsibility for it, and offer to pay for the fix. As mentioned a rebuilder can make that rash completely undetectable, but its not needed and in my experience it's risk to send it out anywhere.
I personally would polish the scratches out with a Dremel fist, then as mentioned get some model or touch up paint and match the appearance.
You could also just let it ride because as I said I can't even see it at the distance of the second pic, without knowing there's a scratch there and where its located.
As far as letting people use it, you should expect to have small issues (big to me) like what happened to the wheel occur.
Personally, I would stop lending it out to people, even close friends because of stuff like this. Wait until the truck comes back with a nice scratch on it because its bound to happen at some point.
If you want to continue to be a good neighbor, drive them yourself.

I appreciate all the comments. I think Lexus as touch up paint that I will use for now.
Of course I wish it didn't happen, but I lent the car out. It is what it is.
The neighbors are really good people; they are not car people. She probably doesn't know it happened.
Next time they can tke the Tundra.

I do like the way she hit the curb for half the tire... Well done!

God you're a nice guy, I was only able to borrow my friends truck once, and his wife found out and lost her mind over it, because she didn't want to risk having responsibility for an accident or lawsuit. They're divorced now.. 😂

Last edited:
God you're a nice guy, I was only able to borrow my friends truck once, and his wife found out and lost her mind over it, because she didn't want to risk having responsibility for an accident or lawsuit. They're divorced now.. 😂

Hopefully he got to keep the truck…………

I'm always sort of relieved the first scratch or scrape. Less worry if (when) I do it myself. Low profile tires are unforgiving!

Hopefully he got to keep the truck…………
In the separation agreement he let her have his nice 2018 Chevy 1500 (48k) he paid for, and he was given her old 2016 Chevy 1500 (110K) he paid for. She was a stay at home mom for over 15 years, he paid for every single thing. When she finally got a job (first one in over 15 years, the first thing she did was go out and buy a 2019 Camaro SS. She's such a spoiled brat, and still has no problem asking for money for the kids because she needs it.. He takes the kids everywhere and pays for everything. They're at Disney right now on a three day trip for the third time this year.
So while she has her new first job in 15 years she runs out and buys a serious high performance muscle car, spending $850 per month instead of using that money on her children and household.

He actually sold the Chevy at a loss, and purchased a 2004 Tacoma with 170k because he wanted to save money.

I'm amazed he allows it to happen like that, I believe she threatens to take half his income if she doesn't get what she want's all the time. She kept truck, 600k house, half his liquor store (negative income) and he pays 100% everything for the kids. He makes a very good living and I think its cheaper at this arrangement than giving up half his income.

wrote this novel because maybe divorced guys will read this and be thankful for their situation compared to his.

In the separation agreement he let her have his nice 2018 Chevy 1500 (48k) he paid for, and he was given her old 2016 Chevy 1500 (110K) he paid for. She was a stay at home mom for over 15 years, he paid for every single thing. When she finally got a job (first one in over 15 years, the first thing she did was go out and buy a 2019 Camaro SS. She's such a spoiled brat, and still has no problem asking for money for the kids because she needs it.. He takes the kids everywhere and pays for everything. They're at Disney right now on a three day trip for the third time this year.
So while she has her new first job in 15 years she runs out and buys a serious high performance muscle car, spending $850 per month instead of using that money on her children and household.

He actually sold the Chevy at a loss, and purchased a 2004 Tacoma with 170k because he wanted to save money.

I'm amazed he allows it to happen like that, I believe she threatens to take half his income if she doesn't get what she want's all the time. She kept truck, 600k house, half his liquor store (negative income) and he pays 100% everything for the kids. He makes a very good living and I think its cheaper at this arrangement than giving up half his income.

wrote this novel because maybe divorced guys will read this and be thankful for their situation compared to his.
I really hate people who make progress through life by trampling others. Sometimes it seems people rarely get what they deserve.

I appreciate all the comments. I think Lexus as touch up paint that I will use for now.
Of course I wish it didn't happen, but I lent the car out. It is what it is.
The neighbors are really good people; they are not car people. She probably doesn't know it happened.
Next time they can tke the Tundra.

I do like the way she hit the curb for half the tire... Well done!
Maybe you should lend them your Vette or Oldsmobile. 😖

Hard to believe... I ran it through the carwarsh it and it looks FAR better! Lexus does not sell wheel touch up paint... So I went to O'Reilly and bought some. Very dark gray metallic. I have not done the repair. I will clean it well and slop paint everywhere.
View attachment 97727
PXL_20220426_023248002.jpg

PXL_20220426_022036490.jpg

Last edited:
My wife curbed the left rear wheel on her 3week old ES350. Took it to the dealer who had a wheel repair guy who came once a week specifically for wheel repairs and he fixed it to as good as new. To this day I can’t tell which wheel he repaired. (y)

Back