Cruise control ghost on three different VW's....

My previous 2015 TDI Passat and my current 2015 TDI Golf Hatchback and 2015 TDI sportwagen. The Passat was a 6 speed manual and the two Golf's are 6 speed DSG's. There is a stretch of freeway near a truck pullout spot on I-25 where I have been cruising in these vehicles at 80 mph and have had my cruise control cancel itself. It has happened a few times on each vehicle, always within a mile or so of this spot. I know that all vehicles have downlinks from satellites nowadays but I am thinking something from one of the trucks pulled over. It hasn't happened to me in any other make vehicles. Any ideas what is causing this. Small nuisance as I just reengage the cruise and forget about it until it surprises me again in a few months. Any ideas of the cause?

209BFB0C-5868-4DA9-BB9F-D0FBC4405480.png

Is this a truck weigh scale stop? If so, I wonder if those overhead transponders are doing it?

It is interesting that you have three Volkswagens this is happening to. Are these equipped with adaptive cruise control?

I had a truck that did that in on specific spot on the highway. It was a worn out brake pedal bushing. Specific bump in a slight curve would do it.

When I flew RC airplanes at the first field we had in South Park there was a microwave path in the sky that I could fly my airplane ( a Piece-O-Cake ) through and that airplanes controls would go crazy every time I flew it through that narrow section of sky. The plane would respond unpredictably and climb or dive and or turn, but it was high enough in the air that after it left that narrow path there was plenty of time to regain control before it got anywhere near the ground.

The point being, that microwave transmissions do exist, and can interfere with some ( not all ) electronics.

Back