Craftsman SAE & Metric nut driver set.

I use the 8mm or 5/16" all the time for hose clamps. 10mm too on other bolts. I have at least three of each. And actually have two sets of Craftsman SAE and Metric (or did at one time)

I got some in the first set of craftsman tools I bought almost 50 years ago, I never used them, they went in the bin decades ago. As others have said I used a 1/4" drive handle and sockets.
Sometimes a 1/4" deep socket isn't deep enough. Single driver tool, turn tight, done. But to each his own. I can see in most modern automotive wrenching, not much call.

5/16" for carburetor bowl screws and hose clamps. Probably the only one I use, but it's not all that rare.

I realize most aren't changing jets on automotive carburetors on a regular basis. You also need to keep a spray can cap handy to catch the fuel after removing the first bottom screw.

I use my metric nut drivers on things like hose clamps and interior fasteners.

Related: I had to remove a T30 bolt from the high pressure fuel pump on the Mini, and one is accessible only through a very narrow point. A 3/8” drive is too big, and while the T30 torx driver fit, it didn’t have the leverage to break it loose. A pliers on the handle broke it loose. I went out and got a small driver set with a T30 in 1/4” drive to reach it when it goes back on. My small T30 went missing. 🤨

I have the SAE hollow handle nut drivers and 8-10-12-14 in metric.My problem is in the larger sizes my tired old hands don't have the strength to break nuts loose.I have a Allen brand spinner handle with the 1/4 indent in the top.I use a sliding tee handle quite often.My tool buying OCD took me to the Koken site.I don t have a picture but 2769H is the number.1/4 folding socket driver.Breaks the nut loose,then spins it off.I have options

I use metric nut drivers all the time.

I have the old school gray handled color ringed Craftsman variety, from the 1980's or so 6-12mm. The fraction inch versions are clear handles.

Those pictured above are just fraction" - the conversions are silly. Lowe's should clean up their act.
I picked up both sets of these at a local flea market last year for $5 for each set. Made in the USA.

Back