Craftsman now at Lowe’s , Kobalt no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowe’s has gotten so expensive,I do not shop there,Back in 2005 I could buy a 4x36 sanding belt for $3.99

Now it’s $11.99,and they only have high end gator grip brand.Also most of there hardware is overpriced and cheaply made.

My local 84 lumber is very well stocked and Awesome customer service.much better prices on sand paper and materials As for craftsman and kobolt,all overpriced expect for gear wrench

I go to harbor freight for most hand tools sockets and if it breaks,they go back

Originally Posted By: Donald
How about Wright Tools? A step up from Craftsman, Husky or Kobalt.

An article said Sears sold the Craftsman brand to Black & Decker for $500m. Sears was selling about $1B worth of Craftsman tools a year. Lowes is coming out with Craftsman tools about 6 months before expected.

The net is Sears got $500M in cash in 2017, but will loose much of a $1B tool sales in 2018 and from now on.

Sears needs to just say uncle and liquidate. Why drag it on until there is one store left and then that needs to close?

I think Sears is still going to sell Craftsman from what I read even though they sold it. At least until Sears goes T*ts Up!

I called Lowe's Corporate, I was told they will not be doing an exchange for Craftsman tools as Home Depot is no longer doing that.

Originally Posted By: JLawrence08648
I called Lowe's Corporate, I was told they will not be doing an exchange for Craftsman tools as Home Depot is no longer doing that.

Home Depot carried Craftsman tools?

By exchange, do you mean for the warranty?

No. A few years ago Home Depot was offering an exchange of their equivalent Husky tool for a Craftsman tool. I did not take advantage of it because of the number of Sears stores, their warranty, ease of return and exchange. My mistake.

The first ratchet set I bought was Husky, in 1968. I still have pieces of that today!

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Stanley is gearing up to return Craftsman to being a mid-tier made in USA brand. I guess they will be similar to SK but with better marketing and shelf space in big box stores.

I can't wait!

My Craftsman hand tools are vintage 80's made by Stanley, and yes they are good.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I noticed the Lowes Craftsman tools were made in China.

Pretty much all Craftsman tools are made in China now, either it being in Sears, Ace, or Lowe's. I recently broke the tip off one of my old Craftsman flat head screwdrivers. I reluctantly (because it was my late grandfathers, but it was of no use without the tip) exchanged it at Sears. Made in China of course; it won't last like the old one.

Originally Posted By: Delta
Originally Posted By: hatt
I noticed the Lowes Craftsman tools were made in China.

Pretty much all Craftsman tools are made in China now, either it being in Sears, Ace, or Lowe's. I recently broke the tip off one of my old Craftsman flat head screwdrivers. I reluctantly (because it was my late grandfathers, but it was of no use without the tip) exchanged it at Sears. Made in China of course; it won't last like the old one.
To be honest, Craftsman screwdrivers have been brittle junk for a long time. Long before China. There's no comparison between my dad's old screwdrivers and ones I bought in the mid 90s or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back