Crack in poured concrete foundation

The poured concrete foundation has a minor crack in it. Been there as long as I can remember, so 10+ years. Not a structural problem nor a water intrusion issue. But wife thinks it would look better to fix it. To keep a happy house I am looking into it. I know there are various concrete looking caulks but wonder if there was something a little better.

If you seal it and go to sell people will wonder why it's sealed.

Where is the crack? Could it be hidden via other methods?

Yep, treat like a brick and pointed up with some loose mortar mix and call it a day. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a piece of concrete that had no crack at all in it if it . If it didn’t 🥴will be one long someday. The only time there’s a real problem is if someone got cheap with the rebar or left it out all together

If you're going to do it, have it professionally done. My house's builder had some cracks that needed filling and the concrete guy they sent over had some professional-only epoxy that was injected into the cracks via ports that he attached to the wall via some other sealer. I had a home inspector come in so I could submit a final punch-list before my warranty was up and I remember the inspector saying that the only part of the foundation he'd guarantee will not leak was the repaired section. Not in writing of course...

Here is a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20200904_110744.jpg
    IMG_20200904_110744.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 40
Back