-Worst Model: XC90 (six-cylinder)
-Best Model: C30

9. Lexus

10. Ford
-Worst Model: Escape (four-cylinder)
-Best Model: Flex EcoBoost

More info here:

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Gawd, are you a shill or what? Posting this [censored] all over the forum?

SteveSRT8- I, for one, am interested in Consumer Reports' reliability lists as one reference, questionable accuracy or no. TruDelta and JDP are others. I'm not sure I understand your response.

I've merged these 2 into one thread.

I don't get the worst reliable/most reliable then worst/ best in each category.

So we have a best of the worst and worst of the worst? Worst of the best?

Clear as mud....
33.gif

Bill

My paraket loves CR, great Cage lining.

You know what they say about CR, it is for people who cant think for themselves.

TOo bad people think their data is actually scientfic and statistically valid, in reality it is a opinion survey and it isnt even random.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Typical CR drivel.

Not worth the paper it's printed on.

So what Im seeing as a general trend is the more of a stripper/low end/simple car you have in most cases, the better it is... and the more comoplex the worse it is.

Wonder why
33.gif

The OP's summary listing(s) "seems" to indicate the focus is on the best and worst cars (models) of each automaker. The true focus of the survey and full article and graphs(not show) is which are the most reliable automakers (make/brand) 'according to the survey'.

The listing of the best and worst vehicles simply being the 'range' of that make. The best car bringing the makes overall reliability rating up, the worst, pulling it down.

From the survey results, it does appear the bottom Euro brands (Mercedes, BMW, Audi) owners' have had more reliabilty issues than other makes at the top. As an example, the owners (in the survey) of BMW's Ultimate Driving Machines, with the 135i being the worst, are less satified with reliabilty than the owners of the Japanese (Acura, Honda, Infinity, Toyota, Lexus) makes.

AND, you're not seeing the full listing for makes in between the top and bottom. ~7 brands in between the top/bottom brand.

So, 11-17 from the top (best) are: Hyundai, Mazda, Kia, Nissan, Lincoln, Volkswagen and Chevy.

Again, this is a survey, not from testing, so the the results are subject to all positives and negatives of survey research. And, it is also how CR does their long term auto reliability ratings

I love how when something doesn't agree with a person's preconcieved notions, it's complete garbage. But, when they match up, it's a shining endorsement of their beliefs. Funny that, innit?

I think people are fairly consistent in disregarding CR and their "owner" surveys. At least those who understand the inherent bias and innacuracies present in unverified "owner" surveys.

Regardless of who they decide to put on top or bottom...I always maintain that Consumer Reports = GIGO.

Old link on why you should not accept CR survey results with blind faith.

http://www.allpar.com/cr.html

Something I heard but haven't confirmed with this years rating is that the X5 diesel was noted as having fuel issues and given a "least reliable" rating. Well there are no fuel issues with the M57 diesel. The only fuel issues are with the N54 and may the N55 (both are gasoline).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back