CQ 85348 cut open 21,500 miles in use

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a customer that lost track of time and came in way over due for his oil change. Turns out he went 21,500 miles on AMSOIL OE 5w-30 in his 2005 Tundra 4.7 v8. Here are the pictures.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rat407
I had a customer that lost track of time and came in way over due for his oil change. Turns out he went 21,500 miles on AMSOIL OE 5w-30 in his 2005 Tundra 4.7 v8. Here are the pictures.

Wonder if he added a quart or two over that OCI? Might explain why the oil color doesn't look too bad for 21.5K miles.

I wonder if Wix filters can compare to Fram ultras. This is the 2nd Wix that has been run for ~20K miles and still held up. Maybe it was running in mostly bypass mode for the last ~5k miles?

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
I wonder if Wix filters can compare to Fram ultras. This is the 2nd Wix that has been run for ~20K miles and still held up. Maybe it was running in mostly bypass mode for the last ~5k miles?

Not really ... two different media types, so they will perform differently under the same conditions, the full synthetic being better.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Rat407

Wonder if he added a quart or two over that OCI? Might explain why the oil color doesn't look too bad for 21.5K miles.

I asked him if he added any oil and he said no. The oil level was down about 3/4qt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back