Cowboys vs Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Great game. I honestly thought they had a real chance when they tied it up twice. Was rather disheartened to see those knees not hit the ground before the catch. That sealed it.

You mean the 3rd and 20 pass play to Cook?

I think so. Where it was headed out of bounds but he caught it and had it in his hands before he went over the line (his knees had not yet touched the line) which pretty much sealed the deal.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Packers looked great first half, then very dull second half.

Luckily their kicker didn't choke under crazy pressure.

I wouldn't say they looked very dull in the 2nd half...it's a tough act to follow through the rest of the game when you score 3 TDs on your first 3 possessions...they still scored a TD on their first possession in the 3rd qtr, and they got the points they needed when they needed them to win the game...what else did they need to do?

Great game. I honestly thought they had a real chance when they tied it up twice. Was rather disheartened to see those knees not hit the ground before the catch. That sealed it.

You mean the 3rd and 20 pass play to Cook?

I think so. Where it was headed out of bounds but he caught it and had it in his hands before he went over the line (his knees had not yet touched the line) which pretty much sealed the deal.

That play will be referred to 30 years from now. I don't know if there's ever been a QB in the NFL who could've made that throw other than Rodgers. A right hander running to his left throws a laser 40+ yards and puts it in the only spot where it's catchable...and the catch was just as amazing...

That play will be referred to 30 years from now. I don't know if there's ever been a QB in the NFL who could've made that throw other than Rodgers. A right hander running to his left throws a laser 40+ yards and puts it in the only spot where it's catchable...and the catch was just as amazing...

Maybe Favre; but Favre may have hit an opponent right in the numbers, too. A Packers coach was asked the same thing after the game and said maybe Staubach, maybe Elway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back