Couldn't take it anymore

Nope, nothing load range E lol. I did however do a slight deviation after the tires I ordered weren't in stock and I was able to save $700.00. I chose the top-rated tire in the class, that's a big hint ;)
Hmmm, $700 is 5 boxes of .338LM or 20 boxes of decent .308 Win.
Edit; I scored a set of brand new 275/65/20 tires and wheels off of a 2020 3500 Chev for a thousand bucks ($800 USD) at a dealership in Medicine Hat, Alberta. The owner had a lift and 35s put on and didn't want the stock set up.
Keeping an eye out for "take-offs" sometimes pays off.

Last edited:
Nope, nothing load range E lol. I did however do a slight deviation after the tires I ordered weren't in stock and I was able to save $700.00. I chose the top-rated tire in the class, that's a big hint ;)
At least in the US, there are only 7 choices in this size for the category and all of the choices are priced within 10-15% of each other.

I didn't consider that possibility, but that is a valid point.
No, lol, we still have the truck, no intention on getting rid of it.

The Continental TerrainContact H/T were notably cheaper, and they are cheaper on TireRack too, though the difference is nowhere near as much:
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 1.37.40 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 1.37.58 PM.jpg

which caused me to take pause, then I checked the rating, and the TireRack testing had the Continental as their top wet weather performer, so that seemed like a pretty safe choice at that juncture, and they were only a 2-day wait, so I pulled the plug on the wait for the Michelin ones and got them instead.

Hopefully they work as well as claimed, I typically shy away from going with something that isn't a Michelin, but Continental seems to compare very favourably, so, given the price difference, I think they were worth a shot.

That is really gonna hurt fuel economy. An extra 9 lbs?!?!
The contis are XL rated. and load range 114, so its not unexpected they would be heavier.. those michelins seem really light.. lighter than my 245/65r17 tires.

edit:
I'm showing those michelins at 40lb each not 33

so its 2lb difference per tire.

Neither tire has 3PMSF, and the OP runs winter tires anyway.

The contis are also made in USA, deeper tread, and class leading wet traction.. all for much cheaper.. whats not to like.. not much of a gamble here IMO.
Even if Overkill is the Original Michelin Man.

michelin
michelinwt.JPG

conti
contiwt.JPG

Last edited:
No, lol, we still have the truck, no intention on getting rid of it.

The Continental TerrainContact H/T were notably cheaper, and they are cheaper on TireRack too, though the difference is nowhere near as much:
View attachment 54231
View attachment 54232

which caused me to take pause, then I checked the rating, and the TireRack testing had the Continental as their top wet weather performer, so that seemed like a pretty safe choice at that juncture, and they were only a 2-day wait, so I pulled the plug on the wait for the Michelin ones and got them instead.

Hopefully they work as well as claimed, I typically shy away from going with something that isn't a Michelin, but Continental seems to compare very favourably, so, given the price difference, I think they were worth a shot.
Glad you got the Continentals to spice things up, looking forward to reviews for how they do. Very similar tread design.

Glad you got the Continentals to spice things up, looking forward to reviews for how they do. Very similar tread design.
Yes, they appear to be very similar to the LTX. I'm very intrigued to see how they perform as well. I've owned at least four sets of LTX's, so I have a lot of experience with that tire.

130Mph? I'd freakin' hope so! LMAO!! With the 3.92's I'm not even sure it could hit that speed, lol.
I have math!!! This is also theoretical.... your maximum top speed, assuming no aerodynamic drag is 211 in 8th gear. There’s also a video of someone taking a 2016 Big Horn to ~140mph... but I read north of 130 and you need a new driveshaft because the stock one like to come apart.
57A1F7C0-8A0B-4381-BBA9-E7D718240A9C.jpg

I have math!!! This is also theoretical.... your maximum top speed, assuming no aerodynamic drag is 211 in 8th gear. There’s also a video of someone taking a 2016 Big Horn to ~140mph... but I read north of 130 and you need a new driveshaft because the stock one like to come apart. View attachment 54308

It's that **** double overdrive! LOL! In 1:1 (6th) it tops out at 138:
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 12.33.06 AM.jpg

Back