New Winter Tires from Continental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
What's so great about the TS850? Just curious. They seem to be highly rated in Europe, and I convinced my mother to buy them for her Civic there, but so far they've had really lousy (no) winter over there, so no feedback as of yet.

Would you choose it over comparable offering from Michelin or Nokian?

I had Ts 790, TS 810, TS 830 and 3 sets of TS 850 on my personal car in Bosnia.
Bosnian winter is more similar to Canadian winters around Edmonton (in part where I lived in Bosnia and my family still lives). Last year winter was warm, but year before they got 6ft of snow during two days, etc, etc. Terrain is much harder than Rocky Mountains, with very urban cities, small streets, very steep streets.
TS 850 is BY FAR the best winter tire I have ever driven. Michelin in Europe when it comes to winter tires, was always average, just another tire. Continental is leading the pack last 10 yrs, and until 2005 it was GY with Ultra Grip series that was leading the pack. If I could buy TS 850 in the US, I would right now subscribe to that tire.
It has great snow traction in deep snow, slush is no issue, as well as ice. It is not too soft in dry and has really good wet traction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back