Could it be Redline?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I picked up the July/August issue of Motor Trend's Truck Trend because the cover promised an article about a top speed Cummins powered beast. Sure enough, it had such an article, and the truck is an absolute monster. Take a look here http://www.bankspower.com/banks_sidewinder.cfm
In the magazine is a picture of the truck in the "pits", and I swear there are 4 quarts of Redline sitting on the ground next to it.
The Redline bit is just an aside, I really want one of those trucks!!!

Yes, Me TOOOOOOOO!! I wanted the last one that was built on a full size Ram. The Dakota would be even better. Last time they did this the block and rotoateing parts were all OEM and it came off of the rebuilt engine line. All the mods were to the head, intake, fuel deliver and boost pressure. I think last time they were running 45lbs of boost pressure. THe last one if memory serves me right was makeing 800HP and 1200lbs of torque! THey took it on the road and through the moutain they still managed 28 MPG and that was raceing it up the steep grades! I love diesel power.

I remember that Ram, John. It was interesting in it's own right because so much was stock, not like this full-on race machine that used to be a Dakota. I do remember the motor in the Ram being made with a lot of OTC reman parts, but I thought I remembered 900 lb/ft of torque. It was a long time ago that I read that article! That Ram was the catalyst that turned me on to diesels, particularly Cummins engines!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back