Corvette museum

After a couple of days in Tennessee we stopped at the museum.It was very well laid out But I was surprised by Arts auto mart across the parking lot from the museum.Definitely makes new cars harder to look at and blow big money on.May go back with a trailer.Staying at a B&B in Crawfordsville Indiana,again regretting moving to Wisconsin.As for pictures I have a lot my wife took with her new phone and I won’t ruin it for anyone since only one pic out of 10 really nice ones would load.It is a must see.
IMG_1519.jpeg

IMG_3795.jpeg
IMG_1496.jpeg
IMG_2872.jpeg
IMG_3809.jpg
IMG_3808.jpg
IMG_3807.jpg
IMG_3806.jpg
IMG_3805.jpg
IMG_3801.jpg
IMG_3803.jpg
Couldn’t start a thread without pics so I gave in and did screenshots on her pics one is a walled in vette the guys wife didn’t like and my vacation mobile on day 14. Still think it’s stupid to spend 64k on a 24 caddy when beautiful cars are going for cheap just watch a Barrett Jackson auction it’s shocking to me. The birds were in Kentucky,reminded me of jeepers creepers movie.

IMG_3799.jpg
IMG_2825.jpeg
IMG_1575.jpeg
IMG_1517.jpeg
The rotary powered vette and a sinkhole survivor Ok I’m done.Looks like tomorrows hike to Turkey run park here in Indiana will be really rained out with flash floods in that area.Way more to see only a fraction of the pictures and the New car delivery area was cool but the new C8s sounded terrible to me.

The NCM is an awesome place to visit and I highly recommend anyone who like Corvettes to visit the museum. I have been there a few times and have been on the Bowling Green Corvette plant tours as well. Thanks for sharing.

I went down to the museum while they still had the damage to the building from the sinkhole, and the damaged cars still sitting on display... still in the same condition that they were hoisted from the sinkhole. They also had the damaged cars labelled as to which ones would be repaired and which they were writing off.

Did you do the plant tour... or were they not offering tours/not in production? One thing that surprised me is how old the Corvette plant seemed. A bit shocking after touring all of Honda's plants in Ohio.

Sorry that your Turkey Run hike will be getting rained out. TR is really a gem, was there last weekend, but it is rapidly getting overvisited. The trails are really getting pounded by people. People are also trashing the trails and intentionally damaging them. It is sad. The State of Indiana DNR needs to do something.

Also, there is Shades State Park, which is about 15 minutes from TR. Lots of the same terrain for hiking/trail walking, but 90% fewer other people. That comes in really handy when TR is packed with people.

I went down to the museum while they still had the damage to the building from the sinkhole, and the damaged cars still sitting on display... still in the same condition that they were hoisted from the sinkhole. They also had the damaged cars labelled as to which ones would be repaired and which they were writing off.

Did you do the plant tour... or were they not offering tours/not in production? One thing that surprised me is how old the Corvette plant seemed. A bit shocking after touring all of Honda's plants in Ohio.
There’s still some on display just too many pics to post.

Sorry that your Turkey Run hike will be getting rained out. TR is really a gem, was there last weekend, but it is rapidly getting overvisited. The trails are really getting pounded by people. People are also trashing the trails and intentionally damaging them. It is sad. The State of Indiana DNR needs to do something.

Also, there is Shades State Park, which is about 15 minutes from TR. Lots of the same terrain for hiking/trail walking, but 90% fewer other people. That comes in really handy when TR is packed with people.
Thanks my wife read this and wrote it down because we are going back to the B&B I was invited to the next machine gun shoot he is tied in to.Said I could bring my AR10 and whatever I wanted to.

After a couple of days in Tennessee we stopped at the museum.It was very well laid out But I was surprised by Arts auto mart across the parking lot from the museum.Definitely makes new cars harder to look at and blow big money on.May go back with a trailer.Staying at a B&B in Crawfordsville Indiana,again regretting moving to Wisconsin.As for pictures I have a lot my wife took with her new phone and I won’t ruin it for anyone since only one pic out of 10 really nice ones would load.It is a must see.View attachment 222437
Ive been to the museum and Corvette plant four times I think.
After a couple of days in Tennessee we stopped at the museum.It was very well laid out But I was surprised by Arts auto mart across the parking lot from the museum.Definitely makes new cars harder to look at and blow big money on.May go back with a trailer.Staying at a B&B in Crawfordsville Indiana,again regretting moving to Wisconsin.As for pictures I have a lot my wife took with her new phone and I won’t ruin it for anyone since only one pic out of 10 really nice ones would load.It is a must see.View attachment 222437
The first time I went with my parents and grandparents in 1994. The Corvette went into the testing booth and it failed, not sure why. I remember the tour guide said there was a 12 year wait list for people who want to apply for the official Corvette tester job. They take each one across the street to the track and put it through its paces. I went in 1996 but no tours as they were retooling for the C5. I remember that they stopped offering tours at the end of the C7 production due to "paint shop upgrades ". I knew the C8 was rumored to be completely different thus retooling the entire factory.

Back