Corvette C8 Sold Out, Speculating Resale

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so much stereotyping going on in this thread by people who obviously have never owned a Corvette...maybe they are driven mostly by old codgers, but that's because we're the only ones who can afford them...

Originally Posted by grampi
There's so much stereotyping going on in this thread by people who obviously have never owned a Corvette...maybe they are driven mostly by old codgers, but that's because we're the only ones who can afford them...

Corvettes are pretty cheap for the performance they offer. These days the young kids buy lamborghinis from their youtube ad revenue.

Originally Posted by dareo

Corvettes are pretty cheap for the performance they offer. These days the young kids buy lamborghinis from their youtube ad revenue.

They are, but they're still not cheap, and most people use them as toys...not many people are willing to spend that kind of money on a toy...

They are, but they're still not cheap, and most people use them as toys...not many people are willing to spend that kind of money on a toy...

C

Corvettes have always been a lotta bang for the buck as performance cars. The new one is more of the same.
Any car outside of a Civic/Corolla,Accord/Camry (or similiar) is a toy. Most pickups as well.
No one needs a Vette, a Beemer, Benz, Tesla, etc.

Heck, an older Civic, purchased used and cared for, is perfect for many.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

C

Corvettes have always been a lotta bang for the buck as performance cars. The new one is more of the same.
Any car outside of a Civic/Corolla,Accord/Camry (or similiar) is a toy. Most pickups as well.
No one needs a Vette, a Beemer, Benz, Tesla, etc.

Heck, an older Civic, purchased used and cared for, is perfect for many.

Your definition of a toy and mine are different. Many pickups are used for work, and I don't know of any that are garage queens. Same for the other cars you mentioned. Most are daily driven. Most Vettes sit in garages and are polished more than they're driven, and when they are driven, it's only in nice weather. To me, that's a toy...

Your definition of a toy and mine are different. Many pickups are used for work, and I don't know of any that are garage queens. Same for the other cars you mentioned. Most are daily driven. Most Vettes sit in garages and are polished more than they're driven, and when they are driven, it's only in nice weather. To me, that's a toy...

Of course many pickups are used for work; most I imagine. In addition, many are bought decked out, like $60K and up, and are used as daily drivers. Those are toys.
Usung a Beemer, Benz or Tesla as a daily driver instead of a Honda makes zero sense from an economic standpoint. There is a toy element involved, at the very least.
Just my 2 cents...

Pretty much all my cars are toys, with the possible exeption of the TSX. But a Civic or Accord might have been a better economic choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back