COOPER Trendsetter SEs: Any users ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got'em on my windstar. They are about shot @ ~3yrs/40Kmi, starting to ride harsh and getting noisy. They did wear nice and even and offered great winter/wet traction. I will buy them again, unless my cooper guy has something better for a decent price!

Joel

You might look at Cooper Lifeliner GLS touring tires. They are T-rated with a 60K treadwear warranty, ride nice and probably don't cost that much more. I just put a pair of them on my 2002 Impala and like them very much.

Excellent tire for the price. Meaning not a high end tire, but you get at least as much as you pay for. GLS, much better, but cost quite a bit more. Do ask dealer if he has Cooper's equivalent "private label" such as Dean, or Mastercraft. These are the same tire, but approx 15% less.

Bob

did not know that about DEAN or MASTERCRAFT . Thanks (every cent counts these days , pays to be a tight( ! ), sorry for graphic details )
grin.gif

I had them on my old sunbird, good snow traction and they were pretty quiet. I had about 20000kms on them when I got rid of the car and they didn't seem to be wearing much. You could do worse!

Sorry... no experience with Trendsetters but...

I have Cooper Lifeliners on my 2000 neon. I have 42K on them and they still have plenty of tread. Good in the snow and rain. No complants here. I would buy them again.

12k on the "private label" made by Cooper. Toyota Highlander. Quiet, stable, good in the wet as well as dry. No visible wear, 50/50 hiway/city.
I'd buy again in a heartbeat.

Is that their "middle of the road" tire? (pun intended)

Wife had 'em on her corsica, 70-series.

Seems to be the tire of choice for general purpose mechanics who want to stock one all-season tire.

They weren't awful but for the price they wore out rather quickly, 40-50k tops. For less money and the same performance I'd get Kumho or multi-mile.

Some/many coopers are still made in
patriot.gif
the USA, you can check the DOT code to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back