Cooper Tire HTP Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for opinions on Cooper HTP Tires T rated for a Light Duty Pickup. Are these tires any good or Cooper Tires in General? I am looking for a good value tire that is safe. This tire looks like it is specific to Discount Tire/America's Tire. I know there are better choices for more money, but only drive maybe 6000 miles a year so max treadlife is not exactly a priority. I currently have some LTX M/S2 which are great tires but a little pricey. They have cracked in slightly less than 4 yrs. I dont expect the new tires to last any longer than the Michelins, but want to avoid a high maint tire. One thats prone to tread separation/ weird wearing patterns etc.

I just bought a set of Cooper tires a week ago and I am very happy!

I thought they were a great buy and one of only 2 tire companies that is USA based. (Good year being the other)

Not sure about your specific model but I like the company as a whole-

I have a set of those on a few of my work Ford Explorers. IMO very good tire for the money. Good handling, ride comfort (although they feel a tad heavy) Reasonably quiet, MPG has not suffered and wear seems very good 5-10,000 miles so far. Now I am in Southern California and have had little rain to rate their grip in the wet or snow, but dry grip is very good. Highly recommended.

2nd question...are you going to be driving in the winter, snow/ice?

3rd question...do you have to get rid of the LTX's for state inspection due to the sidewall cracking?

Last edited:
Not for state inspection. Some snow conditions. Not all the time maybe 10 days a year with snow conditions

My .02 cents! Keep the Michelin LTX M/S 2
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back