Cooper CS5 Ultras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current tires on my wifes '11 camry hybrid are Michelin Primacy MXV4s. They've got almost 43K miles on them and are currently sitting a hair over 5/32"

I have no doubt that she could get the 60K out of them that they're warrantied for,but we're heading into a very wet 6 month stretch.

I'm more comfortable with fresh tires for her 60 mile daily commute than trying to get the last few miles out of a set.

With DTD's $100 off Ebay special and Cooper's $60 rebate,I can get a set shipped to my door for about $325

Anything else I should be looking at?

I picked up a set of these Ultra CS5's tires for my Mom's 03' Corolla a coupe of months ago. (Great deal from DTD. Cooper rebate+DTD rebate.) A great tire. QUIET. Smooth ride. A better tire than the previous CS4's IMO. (Have the CS4's on the wife's Focus.) Can't comment on snow/ice/winter handling. But I'm impressed and when the time comes for a new set, these will be in the running for sure. I don't think you can go wroung w/the the deal nor tire.

No real data on the CS5's but, get them for your Wife/Family!
I've just put new tires on all of my vehicles as we're in for a real dussy of a winter according to many sources!

I just put CS5 Ultra's on my Mazda3 a few weeks ago and couldnt be happier. Very smooth, no vibration at any speed, and road noise is almost nonexistent compared to the previous Yoko's. I'd get them again in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
With DTD's $100 off Ebay special and Cooper's $60 rebate,I can get a set shipped to my door for about $325

Anything else I should be looking at?

Continental PureContacts are worth a look, but good luck finding them for $325.

On a Hybrid, you need to carefully consider the LRR characteristic of the tire. Otherwise, you may be leaving a lot of MPG on the table.

For instance, it was not uncommon to see a 10% drop over the factory tires on some models.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
On a Hybrid, you need to carefully consider the LRR characteristic of the tire. Otherwise, you may be leaving a lot of MPG on the table.

For instance, it was not uncommon to see a 10% drop over the factory tires on some models.

Definitely keep this mind. The CS5s are definitely not LRR. While I am happy with the Grand Touring version on my girlfriend's CR-V, MPG has taken a slight hit and the tires seem "heavier" than her old ones. Although it could be that they're new but since they provide such grand grip and handling, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up losing MPG over time.

Originally Posted By: quint
I just put CS5 Ultra's on my Mazda3 a few weeks ago and couldnt be happier. Very smooth, no vibration at any speed, and road noise is almost nonexistent compared to the previous Yoko's. I'd get them again in a heartbeat.

+1

I had some CS5 Ultra's installed on my Versa last month before I started school. Extremely smooth and quiet! It feels like I'm driving a completely different car.

As an extra perk, I'm getting the $60 rebate from Cooper (have yet to receive it) and I also got UCLA Bruins football tickets.

I'm sure we took a mileage hit going from the awful Michelin MXV4 S8s that were on the car from the factory to the Primacy MXV4s

We're going to average almost 5" of rain per month for the next 5-6 months. I'll take a mileage hit in the name of wet traction.

I'll gladly look at a LRR with great wet traction if someone can name a couple.

I'm sure we took a mileage hit going from the awful Michelin MXV4 S8s that were on the car from the factory to the Primacy MXV4s

We're going to average almost 5" of rain per month for the next 5-6 months. I'll take a mileage hit in the name of wet traction.

The PureContact EcoPlus gets very good reviews for wet traction:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...oModClar=Hybrid

It may not have the same LRR characteristics as the factory tires, but it should be quite comparable to the ones you currently have.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

The PureContact EcoPlus gets very good reviews for wet traction:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...oModClar=Hybrid

It may not have the same LRR characteristics as the factory tires, but it should be quite comparable to the ones you currently have.

+++ My size tire weight for the Pure Contact is 23 lbs...lighter than many...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back